Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AVATAR Problems
fesycresy

posted on 9/4/05 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote

Before I smash the computer, could anyone help with an AVATAR problem ?

I can get the GIF to work with a hot link to the web site but can't when downloaded.

I'm unsure of the correct URL. The properties show the location as the My Documents file.

Cheers, Lyn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Hellfire

posted on 9/4/05 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote

I wish there were instructions on the easiest way on how to get your own avatar and the size(s) it should be.

The easiest (and probably the best) way is to upload your chosen image to your photo archive. Find it's URL by right clicking on the picture and copying it's properties location.

Paste this into the Avatar address in your control panel and away you go.

There are a few commentator's who are complaining about the size of avatars lately, this is due to the viewers screen resolution. Please consider that we haven't all got 1600x1200 screen res (). There are people who are restricted to 800x600, therefore your avatar should be aimed at being about 150 wide x 100 high maximum.

I hope this helps, but if you're still finding it all mumbo-jumbo you only have to ask!

[Edited on 9-4-05 by Hellfire]

fesycresy

posted on 9/4/05 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that, very easy when you know. I tried loads of ways this morning and looking at the old posts just confused matters.

Perhaps someone should put your response in the help section ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.