Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carver Formula 2000 suspension for scratchbuilt
d1camero

posted on 15/6/05 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Carver Formula 2000 suspension for scratchbuilt

I am designing and building scratchbuilt, and after many discussions of various options I was directed to investigate the suspension (mainly the uprights) used in Carver Formula 2000 cars.

I have searched on the web but have not found any information on Carver race cars. Anybody have any links or other info?

thanks
d1

ned

posted on 15/6/05 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
if you explain why you're looking at thos cars or what info you're after people on here might be able to help..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
d1camero

posted on 15/6/05 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Ned, I am not looking for feedback on my decision, just more about these cars in specific. Are you familiar with them? Do you have any more info on them?
ned

posted on 15/6/05 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
No I don't know about these cars specifically and am not looking to comment on your decision, but if you say what features you are looking for or what type of upright etc people might be able to make some suggestions to help!

Ned.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
d1camero

posted on 15/6/05 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
I am confused as how I can be more specific.

As I originally posted, I am looking for more information about the Carver Formula 2000 car, in particular the uprights and suspension used in these cars.

I am not looking for alternatives, or cars with similar suspension features (van diemen, reynard, etc.) just for the Carver cars.

Web site links, pictures, specifications, suppliers, owners, magazines, etc. relating to the Carver Formula 2000 is what I would like.

Hope that helps you understand what I am looking for.

d1

ned

posted on 15/6/05 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
fair enough, I've never heard of this car but best of luck finding the info you're after. I was just curious as to what's so special about this cars uprights/suspension that's all!

Ned.

ps do you mean formula ford 2000? if so might be worth a try here: http://www.universalracing.co.uk
pps don't mean carbir do you? mention here: http://www.insideracingtechnology.com/phnxff1.htm

[Edited on 15/6/05 by ned]

Stu16v

posted on 15/6/05 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
If it really is that different to other cars, i doubt Carver will be ken to highlight the specifics on the WWW...

Dont just build it.....make it!

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Stu16v 's Aim
britishtrident

posted on 15/6/05 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by d1camero
I am designing and building scratchbuilt, and after many discussions of various options I was directed to investigate the suspension (mainly the uprights) used in Carver Formula 2000 cars.

I have searched on the web but have not found any information on Carver race cars. Anybody have any links or other info?

thanks
d1

Never heard of the builder it was a class that more than its share of one or two offs and local builders. If the Carver had magnesium uprights I would be very wary of using them on a road car, a lot of the older lower Formula single seaters used a magnesium versions of the Triumph upright and it really isn't up to prolonged use. Modern single seater tend to have more robust uprights.

Peteff

posted on 15/6/05 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
F2000's American isn't it? The only Carvers I've heard of are boats.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Triton

posted on 15/6/05 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
And Chairs........
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rorty

posted on 16/6/05 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
I used to hear my paternal grandmother refer to the baldy man in the claw hammer suit who served up the roast beef as a carver.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.