Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: i give up with the avon...
davimora

posted on 18/12/02 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
i give up with the avon...

Hi all,

my plan was a DIY chassis and body, but the drawings are too bad, missing dimensions, missing or wrong informations.. in the book there is a lot of pictures about "own a tiger", but few and sometimes wrong pictures about how to build it.
I give up. I'll take the McSorley +442 route now, i hope with more chances of success.
I'm really disappointed by this book.

Regards,
Davide

Billywhizz

posted on 18/12/02 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
That sounds like a good idea, there is not enoungh information in the tiger book to make a car from scratch, I am having to make bits up as I go, I wish I had gone for a book locost build now but Ive got too far to give up now. Good luck with the McSorley build the drawings look 1000 times better than tigers attempt
Viper

posted on 18/12/02 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davimora
Hi all,

my plan was a DIY chassis and body, but the drawings are too bad, missing dimensions, missing or wrong informations.. in the book there is a lot of pictures about "own a tiger", but few and sometimes wrong pictures about how to build it.
I give up. I'll take the McSorley +442 route now, i hope with more chances of success.
I'm really disappointed by this book.

Regards,
Davide

Just be thankfull you didn't buy there chassis, you think the book is bad...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kingr

posted on 22/12/02 at 01:41 AM Reply With Quote
Well, I'm building a book front end and hopefully grafting a tiger book rear end onto it. Where have you found the errors?

Kingr

geoff shep

posted on 30/12/02 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
I was going to get the tiger book, mainly for the IRS info as the RC book is live axle - is that still a sensible idea?

Just to be sure - are we talking about the 'How to Build Your Own Tiger Avon Sportscar for Road and Track (Speedpro Series)' book?

bob

posted on 30/12/02 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
Luckily there is a 3rd example of the Ron champion book which might save you,although it wont be out till the spring.
but on the grapevine i've heard its got the IRS plans for the locost,bet your life it will be on sale at stafford show on 8/9th march

[Edited on 30/12/02 by bob]

Mix

posted on 1/2/03 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
I too have decided to build a book front end and adapt the Avon rear suspension set up. As yet I have not had too much difficulty, (famous last words!). See the site my son has created for me.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.