Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bloody Microsoft
flak monkey

posted on 25/6/05 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
Bloody Microsoft

I bought a copy of Office XP for students and teachers as I am a good boy and only run legal software. I reformatted my PC the other day and now I cant activate my copy of office as it says its already installed on another computer . Its not, I have the original discs and I havent copied them and given them to anyone.

I have reformatted before and reinstalled and its not been a problem.

The same thing better not happen to my copy of XP next time I reformat or I shall be mightly pi55ed off.

I have tried to email microsoft support, but every time i try it says the request cant be carried out, try again. I am assuming its not working as they think its a copied product.

Grrr

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

viatron

posted on 25/6/05 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Does it not give you the option to actvate by phone? We us ethe Microsoft action pack on test machines and always have this problem. We just call the activate over the phone number and some nice person in India gives us an activation code.

Mac

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jambojeef

posted on 25/6/05 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Flak,

how about just generating another key for your copy? Its not really software piracy if you already bought it once!

Geoff

flak monkey

posted on 25/6/05 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by viatron
Does it not give you the option to actvate by phone? We us ethe Microsoft action pack on test machines and always have this problem. We just call the activate over the phone number and some nice person in India gives us an activation code.

Mac

It wont activate over the phone. But I will ring them and get somebody to give me an activation code I guess. This methods not stopping piracy, only causing problems to those with genuine copies. Grr

Sera

Deckman001

posted on 25/6/05 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
I have to activate my copy each time i need to reload it, It's been done that way about 6 times now, one for each Hard drive i have blown !!

They are good on the phone though, no checks just your word on it not being copied !!

Jason

[Edited on 25/6/05 by Deckman001]

flak monkey

posted on 25/6/05 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Yep. Very good on the phone. All sorted and didnt take long at all. Thats what I like

Sera

britishtrident

posted on 25/6/05 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
But the whole thing is a racket it is time MS were brought in to line. Piracy is a problem but it wouldn't exist if software prices weren't licensed extortion.

I just love Linux and GPL software, the only reason I have a Windows pc in the house is we use Access for one particular job as soon as Knoda can do everything we use access for M$ is out he door.

Andrew+dad

posted on 25/6/05 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
cough cough maybe i shouldnt say this

why not just downloadf some heavily CRACKED copies of any software you need yo can get anything for free lol ok so its illegal but so long as ure doing using it to make alot of money or making more illegal copies and selling them on they dont usually notice lol and as for the cd key being aslready registered you can get more cd keys then you will ever need from a simple google search

dont be so worried about wots legal and whats not lol hehe im saying this but as it happens i dont actually have any copied or illegal software on this computer wow i feel so goo d

Deckman001

posted on 25/6/05 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Don't let your dad read what you just wrote !!

Jason

mookaloid

posted on 25/6/05 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew+dad
why not just downloadf some heavily CRACKED copies of any software you need yo can get anything for free lol ok so its illegal but so long as ure doing using it to make alot of money or making more illegal copies and selling them on they dont usually notice lol and as for the cd key being aslready registered you can get more cd keys then you will ever need from a simple google search

dont be so worried about wots legal and whats not lol hehe im saying this but as it happens i dont actually have any copied or illegal software on this computer wow i feel so goo d

Well if someone steals your stuff I hope you still think its ok.

it doesn't matter if its software, music or your car - it's still theft in my opinion.

Have a nice day

Mark

kestrel1596

posted on 26/6/05 at 01:18 AM Reply With Quote
I use OpenOffice <www.openoffice.org>.

It may not be perfect, but it does what I need it to do, including reading (and writing!) MS-style .doc and .xls files.

Oh, and by the way its free and legal.

[Edited on 26-6-2005 by kestrel1596]

jestre

posted on 26/6/05 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
I agree. go with OpenOffice. looks remarkably like Micro$h!t. works pretty damn good.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 26/6/05 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Even in Linux Open Office/Star Office runs like treacle on a mid winters day in Murmansk -- trouble is it is written in java. The first thing I do after a Linux install is dump it and install Abiword and Gnumeric or KOffice.

Abiword is available for windows

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.