Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LIVE 8 LIVE - Do your BIT
ManicRacers

posted on 2/7/05 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
LIVE 8 LIVE - Do your BIT

Everybodies support is needed - go to website now and sign up: www.live8live.com
Email Blair from the site.

Also get your white band now by texting BAND to 87099 cost 1.50 - less than most ring tones.

Come lets all do our bit - people should not starve to death in this day - or any Day.

Lee

JoelP

posted on 2/7/05 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.live8live.com/

for the lazy ones...

i might point out that i dont believe much will change, even if all the steps are taken.

[Edited on 2/7/05 by JoelP]

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Jasper

posted on 2/7/05 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry - I think most of it is b*llocks. I agree with the Fair Trade changes that are needed, and even some debt relief, but that's about it - most of it seems very misguided to me.

Until the corruption in Africa is reduced, nothing will change - you can throw as much ££$$££ as you like at the problem and very little will, or has, changed In all honesty, what has the billions of £$ given in the last 30 years done? Is Africa in a better state?

And until African leaders actually stand up and criticise other African leaders for human rights abuses (Zimbabwe) and for corruption and despotic goverments I don't believe much will change.

But hey - that's me - with a degree in African Geography and Politics (really)

[Edited on 2/7/05 by Jasper]

omega 24 v6

posted on 2/7/05 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Yep its a great idea in theory but sadly i have to agree with jasper
gazza285

posted on 2/7/05 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Its easy to be pious from your country mansion.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MkIndy7

posted on 2/7/05 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
And althought their giving their time for the good cause, half of the stars performing could probably wipe out the debt on their own and still live comfortably.

Just how much money do these people want to sit in their bank accounts.

marcyboy

posted on 2/7/05 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
i agree its a waste of time...

as for fair trade why don't the supermarkets make 1p less profit on the said items and giving them a fair price rather than giving them the fair price and charging punters more for the end product...after all have you seen how much money the larger supermarkets make and they make more sales because dimwits think that there helping "a good cause"

also those who are performing at live 8 are gonna have increased sales due to it...!!! unless there shite
answers on a postcard please

[Edited on 2/7/05 by marcyboy]

omega 24 v6

posted on 2/7/05 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
having listened to some of it live i can honestly say some of them are shite.
Hellfire

posted on 2/7/05 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'm loathe to agree with comments about it having little effect until the corruption and human tranversties continue. I think it is very sad...

I hope it does do something I really do....

slaggywelder

posted on 2/7/05 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
What Africa needs in order to get every politician and government rallying and falling over each other to help overthrow dictators, those breaching human rights and corruption………a very, very, very large natural oil reserve.

Why, I'd horse-whip you if I had a horse.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jack trolley

posted on 2/7/05 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Even an old hippy like John Lennon thought Charidee concerts were b*ll*cks

quote:
Lennon: I don't want to have anything to do with benefits. I have been benefited to death.

Sheff: Why?

Lennon: Because they're always rip-offs. I haven't performed for personal gain since 1966, when the Beatles last performed. Every concert since then, Yoko and I did for specific charities, except for a Toronto thing that was a rock-'n'-roll revival. Every one of them was a mess or a rip-off. So now we give money to who we want. You've heard of tithing?

Jon Ison

posted on 2/7/05 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
AWSOME Madonna, well IMHO anyhow, anyone who watched the short film B4 she took the stage then for her to come on and sing like that with the choir in full voice too, put a lump in my throat and I'm not ashamed too admit it.

Noodle

posted on 2/7/05 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Just seen Joss Stone. She makes me think of Robert Plant with tits.

Katherine Jenkins nearly brought on relief all on her own. Grrrrr!

Bring on the Floyd.

Man.

Neil.

Your sort make me sick

JoelP

posted on 2/7/05 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slaggywelder
a very, very, very large natural oil reserve.

they do! africa is finding oil faster than anywhere else at the minute. They already supply 15% of american demand for crude. And some oil companies are trying to use (a small percent of, admittedly) their profits to develop the region. West africa is drowning in oil.

maybe this will encourage future investment to reduce our dependance on middle eastern oil. I for one would rather stop my fuel money going into some of these countries - fortunately gordon brown solves 90% of that problem

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Spottty

posted on 2/7/05 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
It sounds like a good idea but I agree with someone here. How much money do these stars need? Hell, Madonna could give 20mil and still not even notice it gone!

Atleast these guys are giving some of the money to Africa.
I heard that Bono's org just raises awarness that there is a problem, they dont even do anything about it, they just let you know about it. Talk about a waste of money!

Best thing to do for a build....
Ditch the wife!

gazza285

posted on 2/7/05 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
The Who, Fekin' fantastic.

Pete Townsend is 60. Still wiggles his backside.

gazza285

posted on 2/7/05 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
And now Floyd. The concert should end now, but I suppose that vapid arsehole McCartney wants his go, with that other sad media freak from Wham, Goerge WhatshisnameGreekpoofterdesignerstubbleblokeish. Not that I'll be listening, just put "Wish you were here" on. Shine on you crazy diamond indead.
DaveFJ

posted on 2/7/05 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
Highlights:

Madonna - awesome
Sting - surprisingly
Razorlight - Fantastic (was that a bit of mary jane in the background ?)
Robbie - the lads back....
UB40 - Oh yes...
The Who -

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

Tim 45

posted on 2/7/05 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
This may well end up causing a rift between the G8 countries IMHO, seeing as though the USA (or at least Bush) is standing firm in their postion
ned

posted on 2/7/05 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
my highlights:

macca/u2
robbie
madge
dido/d'mour
the who

didnt think much of mariah carey i must say, wheres my mike stand, oh don't worry about it, look at me with all these kids, maseusee bring me my water; what a plastic looking madam, she probably owns longer belts lol.

Afraid I've never really been into pink floyd, probably just my age, but couldn't see what all the fuss was about..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

gazza285

posted on 2/7/05 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
Yoy obviously don't do enough of the right drugs.....................
Volvorsport

posted on 2/7/05 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
god i wish i went to the download festival , some proper bands on there .

with all this talk of lets get rid of poverty , i hope , if im on my arse in the uk somewhere , africa comes to my aid .

charity starts at home , theyve had long enough of live aid to realise that that governments suck the money out of everything - and now this again .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

bob

posted on 3/7/05 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
Roger Daltrey 65 my arse,he made the newbie band leaders look a bit tame,last half hour was worth watching with the who and floyd.

Love him or hate him Robbie is one Entertainer

marcyboy

posted on 3/7/05 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
after working outside all day saturday doing fence panels and burning the old fencei came in some time after 23:00
and saw the end of floyd doing comfortably numb..thought i was dreaming when i saw roger waters there too and they sounded shithot..what was the rest of there slot like ?

Benzine

posted on 3/7/05 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Pink Floyd were awesome. Breathe, Money, Wish you were here, Comfortably numb. All the rest of the bands mostly suck ass so I just watched PF.

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.