Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Big thanks to everyone at MK
B3Saxo

posted on 4/1/03 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
Big thanks to everyone at MK

When staying near worksop on holiday over new years, I decided to pay a visit to the Mk site.

A quick phone call and make sure there was someone there, and off I went. I was greeted by some of the most helpfull people I've ever had the privalage of meeting!

The Unit's are set out very proffessionaly and I was even shown a MK being made. Shown the stores area and the fabrication area.

Because of this, I'll be putting a deposit down in the next week or so. Thank you very much.

Any discount will be greatly appreciated!

donut

posted on 4/1/03 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
How long did they say delivery would be? I was told 6-8 weeks but it has been 12 weeks so far and i'm still waiting for the call! I'm NOT complaining though as they had a batch of 25 for overseas and the chassis is SO good i'm willing to wait for it. I think the usual time is 8-10 weeks so mines not to far off.

You are right about the staff. When i went there they treated everyone the same....like royalty! they even threw in a few freebies!

Can't wait to get my call so i can get started....yipeeee!

Andy

Good luck

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 4/1/03 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
You remember to order the extra foglight/subs/blue washer jet package B3Saxo?

LMAO!!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

B3Saxo

posted on 4/1/03 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Your not far off Chris!!!!! I was thinking on the way home if I could get a pair of 12" subs behind the seats! Talking of which, has anyone put a stereo in one?

I was told 8-10 weeks. I'm sending the cheque today. but unsure what colour to go for. The black one looked smart in there workshop. think i'll go for that one!

donut

posted on 4/1/03 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah that black one looks the dogs danglies! Mine's dark blue but i may change to black if they have all the fibre glass.

I'll tell you what, it's going to be the longest 10 weeks of your life!!! LOL It's all worth it though

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
santcliff

posted on 5/1/03 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ordered mine on the 21st Dec, very exciting.

I've gone for black down the middle with orange arches, we shall see what that looks like.

Started to rip the donor apart today, very therapeutic, should ease the wait.

s

auzziejim

posted on 5/1/03 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B3Saxo
Talking of which, has anyone put a stereo in one?

I saw a site where some guy put a stereo and some speakers into an RH! it can be done but surely you would prefer to listen to the trobbing roar of your motor?

B3Saxo

posted on 5/1/03 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
My Saxo has enough speakers and amps to put a local Dj to shame! So the Mk must go down the same route! Whats the biggest wheels you can get on one of these things?

I know it'll slow me down, but i'll get a crap set of steels for the performace stuff, and a huge set for showing off!

So it's gotta be done!

Another quality post from B3Saxo!

kingr

posted on 6/1/03 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
How about leaving the front and rear wings off and sticking chromed tractor wheels on it. You'd be the envy of every cruise. Oh, and best adjust the suspension a bit, otherwise, you'd need a ladder to get in.

Also, it's well known that enormous holes in bonnets mean much more speed, so why not leave the bonnet off completely, infact, don't bother paneling it at all.

Finally, aerodynamic "aids" are a must, since it's a rear wheel drive car, there's nothing that's going to truly mess a cars traction quite like a wing on the back of a front wheel drive car, so why not aim for negative down force, aeroplanes use it, aeroplanes go fast, so it must be good. I'd reccomend this biggest wings you can find, upside down stuck on the front and back.

If you're unsure about all these great mods, then just go for that enduring grail of modding, and slap some poorly produced M3 mirrors on it, masterpiece.

Kingr

Kingr

B3Saxo

posted on 6/1/03 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
He he! I have a set of M3's here somewhere! And in true Locost style i'll make a rear wing out of pieces of angle iorn and some MDF. Jobs a good un!

Anyone got anymore ideas i could use?

And has anyone got a price for chroming a set of 76" john deere tractor wheels?

Another quality post from B3Saxo!

MK9R

posted on 6/1/03 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Order mine on the 24th december yipee!! Gone for the black aswell!
santcliff

posted on 8/1/03 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
did they mention anything about a slight price increase in the new year?

I wasn't that interested as I had my deposit to hand, but those on this group thinking about putting in an order should consider getting a move on.

s

donut

posted on 8/1/03 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Any idea what sort of increase? I'm not worried as i have paid my deposit but just incase there are others. Whatever you have to pay it's still the best chassis out there!

Andy

Andy

santcliff

posted on 9/1/03 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
Any idea what sort of increase?

Didn't get the impression it would be big. I just posted to give people a chance to hang onto a few quid.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.