Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The General Lee flies again!
Rorty

posted on 5/8/05 at 12:31 AM Reply With Quote
The General Lee flies again!

A gool 'ole bit of seventies TV history is making a comeback on the silver screen. There have been a few movie clips of The General in action of late, but here's a bit of General nostalgia. The General Lee flies again.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Snuggs

posted on 5/8/05 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

mookaloid

posted on 5/8/05 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
YEE HAA
James

posted on 5/8/05 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
D D DUH DUH DUH D D D DUH DUH DUH DUH!

Weird coincidence, my girlfriend got back from holiday in the US yesterday. She bought me Hot Rod magazine as a present as it's lead article is about the General Lee in the new film.

Damn do I want one! Have done for a few years. Guess prices are going to shoot through the roof shortly then!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

mackie

posted on 5/8/05 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
60's chargers are pretty valuable anyway but I doubt the new movie will make them cheaper.

Personally I prefer the Mustang Fastback of the same era, it's not as menacing but I just think it looks better, very distinct sound too.

There was a mint one at Goodwood last year in the green of the Bullit car, it lurrrvely.

Future project for when I've got lots of dosh will be to restore an original 1967 fastback and upgrade all the running gear to make it drive nicely Oh and maybe put a >500cid Ford Racing V8 in it.

chrisf

posted on 5/8/05 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Those fastbacks are pricy even here! But I agree: they are the best looking of the American cars of the era.

Out of curiosity, how well would a General Lee blend into the streets of London? It would be a sight, no?!?

--Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rorty

posted on 5/8/05 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, the gaudy orange paintwork would clash terribly with all the bowler-hatted, pin stripe-wearing gents in London (the only town in England by the way).
There are actually quite a lot of Chargers churning the dirt here in Aus. I'm sure it would be a good hunting ground for any Yanks (or anyone for that matter) looking for a good rust-free car.

Cheers, Rorty.

chrisf

posted on 5/8/05 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
My point was the traffic congestion. It would stand out equally well in NYC

I knew you guys had quite a few American classics down there.

Rorty

posted on 5/8/05 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisf
My point was the traffic congestion. It would stand out equally well in NYC

I know, I know, I was winding you up. I think a Charger in the centre of London would be basically a static exhibit.

Cheers, Rorty.

Fred W B

posted on 5/8/05 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.cars-on-line.com/21004.html

Dodge Charger . 65k, 318 4 barrel carb, 340 cam, fresh valve job, dual exhaust, 3 speed manual on the column, new paint, nice tan interior, new radiator, new tires, new brakes, new gas tank, extra parts.
Price - $ 15,000 Wisconsin & Illinois calls only please.

Fred - so why advertise on the internet??

Cheers

Fred WB

[Edited on 5/8/05 by Fred W B]

britishtrident

posted on 5/8/05 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
The cops have up graded Rescued attachment esprit.jpg
Rescued attachment esprit.jpg

timf

posted on 5/8/05 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
lotus won't be any good unless youv'e got a panda car to follow behind and pick the bits up that fall off

but this on the other hand

jestre

posted on 5/8/05 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
This is my fav.

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Car/picture/gallardo-polizia-a-lambo-for-the-police/231/1
[Edited on 5/8/05 by jestre]

[Edited on 5/8/05 by jestre]

Triton

posted on 5/8/05 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
I bet it's one of those "Maestro" RS200 Banham things rather than a real one though

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.