Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Second drive
squarefour

posted on 10/8/05 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Second drive

Got it on the road last Tuesday and already have about 300 miles on it. And it’s 100degF out.

Clutch slave acted up almost immediately and I had to drive it home from work sans clutch. Now the only issue is clattery rear brake pads cuz I skipped the finicky little springs (doh!).
Plus I still don’t have any wings (apparently my (second) set are still on the boat…).

No piccies cuz I’m superstitious and the last time I took nice photos, something bad happened soon after (see photo archive).

Peteff

posted on 10/8/05 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
Not enough wet rags Better luck now it's near finished. Just the new wings to arrive. Do you need them where you are?

[Edited on 10/8/05 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

GeoffT

posted on 11/8/05 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Better luck this time round.....!
Did the fire happen in the garage, or did you manage to push it outside or something?

squarefour

posted on 11/8/05 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
The word from the hot rod guys is that the police here are pretty lenient about wings, etc if you're not driving like an idiot. I've passed by four so far.

The rear wings would be nice because now, when I hang my elbow out the side, it's about three inches from spinning tire tread.

The car was in the garage. Ruined the door, sooted up the walls, that's about it. Pretty lucky, actually.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.