Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Customer Service and ARA an update.
Scratch Builder

posted on 2/9/05 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
Customer Service and ARA an update.

The saga continues. I paid 320 GBP to Anthony Anstead of ARA Racing, using PAY PAL, for a set of GAZ Coilovers in June '05. The shocks were to be delivered to sunny Brisbane. I have not and will never receive them. GAZ have informed me that they have never dealt with him. He (A A) claims he had a 'deal' with them to supply him, which went pear shaped. I believe that A A has severe and extreme difficulty with the concepts of truth, honesty and reality. He sounds really plausible and reasonable on the phone, but has not kept any of the promises he has made to me in relation to refunds etc. I have not, and probably never will be, refunded any money. Anthony Anstead says he has passed the 'Locost' side of his business to a person by the name of Dominic Walsh. PAY PAL have been about as useful in the process as a realestate agent in New Orleans. Their buyer safeguards appear to be window dressing. Fellow builders, be ultra careful with your money, stay away from ARA Racing and all of those associated with it, and give PAY PAL a very wide berth.
Beginning to feel better though!

J

Triton

posted on 2/9/05 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds just like Rally Sport Replicas...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 2/9/05 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Scratch,

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Is you Paypal paid with your credit card? Can you claim it back via that?

If it is then when you claim the card company will pull it back from Paypal and then Paypal will pull it back from AA.

HTH, and good luck getting it sorted,

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

MikeR

posted on 2/9/05 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Noooo - don't reserect that one again!

Bad luck mate. Why won't paypal help and how did you get your funds to paypal? If it was via a credit card have a word with them.

andy d (rizla)

posted on 2/9/05 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
i had this saga with rs jigtec,to the sum of 10,000 pounds,after speaking to those that be it took one phone call to the credit card company,one form to fill in and the money was back on my card in 3 working days

if you used a credit card call them

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeP

posted on 2/9/05 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Paypal . Their "buyer's assistance" is just window dressing - set up so it's almost impossible to claim through ebay. By the time the payment is made and you've waited long enough to know for sure the item isn't going to show, the claim window is closed. Even if you do claim you only get the cost of the item back less the deductable and you lose the shipping charges. It's got to be quite a purchase to bother.

Now they've made accepting credit card payments more expensive for the seller, so many people want cash to cash paypal transactions - there goes the credit card protection.

Lately, when I pay, paypal gives me some garbage about how safe it is not to use my credit card. Why? I can only assume it's because they're afraid of the CC protection.

BUT, I've been worried that if I do get a charge reversed on my CC, paypal would turn around and debit my personal account - what would stop them? If the CC company takes money back from paypal, they need to get the funds from somewhere - seems like it's tricky legal ground.

Has anyone here ever paid through paypal with a CC and got their money back after being defrauded? Andy, did you? It sounds more like you used a CC directly, and I know recovery then works fine.

Sorry, rant over - I do feel a little better now . I hope you get your money back SB.

Danozeman

posted on 2/9/05 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about this mate. Can you not get trading standards involved??

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

Jasper

posted on 2/9/05 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
ALWAYS pay by credit card on Paypal, I do. When I did get faulty goods sent Amex credit my account immedaitely and took the money back from Paypal. It's then up to Paypal to get the money back from the seller. Paypal is the credit card companies seller, not the ebay person. Paypal will not take the funds back from you.

If they won't take credit card payment with Paypal don't deal with them.

JoelP

posted on 2/9/05 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
uk trading standards:

http://www.consumercomplaints.org.uk/

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Gav

posted on 4/9/05 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
I paid for rent for 2 servers for a year each via paypal and given that its wasnt tangible goods i bought i thought i was done for but paypal did actually repay 100% what i was owed.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.