Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: "tallest story you been told........"
Jon Ison

posted on 11/10/05 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
"tallest story you been told........"

A schoolmate once told me he was riding his moped when a flatbed truck overtook him, one of the hooks that you tie ropes to caught him by the collar, hoicked him off, and dropped him on the road in front of his moped.......which promptly ran him over. He was an ugly b@st@rd so it may have been true

_Aero_

posted on 11/10/05 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
This guy jumped from the Empire State building with no parachute and lived... now that's a tall story! I don't need a bad accident story to bail me out of being ugly!

[Edited on 11/10/05 by _Aero_]

Jon Ison

posted on 11/10/05 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
i was there when he did it........

donut

posted on 12/10/05 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Aero, your name anything to do with Jean Michelle Jarre?

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rorty

posted on 12/10/05 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
During a very long stint on an exhibition stand, I was numbly staring at one of my cars which was on display and I was idly dreaming of getting out of there and going for a pint, when an oaf appeared beside me and started a remarkable tale.
He thought I was admiring the car and proceeded to tell me he had driven that exact car during its testing and proceeded to rhyme off all the good and bad aspects and how it performed etc.
I played the dumb fool (not difficult, I know), hanging on his every word until he described the gear change as being air shifted. I said I thought it was an electronic shifter, but he arogantly pointed to the buttons and reasured me it was an air shifter and stated he loved the feel of it.
I couldn't bite my tongue any longer, so I took the master switch key out of my pocket and powered the thing up.
He realised he'd been caught out and sheepishly dissapeared into the small crowd that had gathered around to listen to him.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 12/10/05 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
my mate once assured me that his C reg golf had a 'turbo on third gear'. I assured him it did not.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

barrie sharp

posted on 12/10/05 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
I was told you could build a car for £250 and i belived it !!!!!!

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

donut

posted on 12/10/05 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I was told you could build a car for £250 and i belived it !!!!!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

serendipity123

posted on 12/10/05 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
i was going to do the £250 one, i think the book should be re written inc inflation. . . . build your own car and tell the wife it cost £250 ?
locoboy

posted on 12/10/05 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
A friend of a friend who is a bike mechanic seems to be a compusive liar.............. i have many many tall stories i have heard form him ....too many for here but here are two of the most unbeleivable!

Whilst at a bike show, he ( on his Suzuki SV650) had it dyno'd (this is true as backed up by the guy he is telling the story in front of), he then went on to say that it was dyno'd at 175 bhp at the rear wheel

(the guy with hi is now puling strange 'bullshit' faces!)

He then said that the guy who was runing the dyno was a Suzuki dealer and asked how come it was sooooo powerfull, the reply was that he had dome extensive head work himself and made a custom exhaust.

Again more intese bullshit faces from our mutual friend!

The best bit though is that when he arrived home from the show, a couple of days later a wooden bike crate arrived at his house with a not attached asking him to send his bike in it to the Suzuki factory in Japan for extensive testing and examination becasue the Suzuki engineers and race mechanics would like to take a peek at it as it was more powerfull than their factory prepared race version!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the time he was telling this story infront of a guy who was with him all the time at the show!

The second story was how he bought a Yamaha XJ1300 (true) and how after it was 'run in' it now did 65mph in 3rd at 5000 rpm as opposed to ony managing 50 mph in 3rd at 5000 rpm before it was 'run in'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many many more too including one about how he has no circulation below the knee in one leg after a bike accident and needs an amputation and prothetic leg - still playing sport 18 months on though on the same leg he was born with!

ATB
Locoboy

flak monkey

posted on 12/10/05 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
I have a friend who tells me that the MX5 is the best handling sportscar on the road...

I cant help but

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

serendipity123

posted on 12/10/05 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
i was told the robin hood 2b is a good car by a sales man.
Aboardman

posted on 12/10/05 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
when speaking to a kit car manufacture about why your car failed the sva.

"never heard of that one before"

regards

Andrew

DaveFJ

posted on 12/10/05 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Myself last night... when I said that I think my car will be finished for next summer!!

Once worked with a guy in the Army who reckoned that before he joined up he was a race engineer for Jaguar (he was only 22 and had been in the army 2 years!) He went on and told me that he had driven at 175mph on the M25 with a trailer with a race car on it!

Same guy in a pub in north yorkshire - talking to a local - local says "do you know Peterlee?" - colleague replies "Yeah - know him well......"

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

David Jenkins

posted on 12/10/05 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaveFJ
Myself last night... when I said that I think my car will be finished for next summer!!

I'm a witness - I think you said it to me!

...and I believed you!

David

kevano

posted on 12/10/05 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
about three or four years ago, i had a bit of a dabble in motorcross, a guy i used to ride with, decided he'd try the new kawasaki as his current yamaha wasn't up to scratch he reckoned. him and his brother then proceeded to take the whole injection system out to put it on carbs from an older bike.he attended a race meeting that following sunday, then told me as he got home he had these little japanese men on the phone asking him why his bike was so fast!!!! so i said how did you know they were little if they were on the phone!!! what a loser!!!!
Hellfire

posted on 12/10/05 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
I once heard that a kit manufacturer had managed to build a Seven style car that weighed in at less than 400kgs....

Guinness

posted on 12/10/05 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
I heard someone say that a Caterham wasn't a kit car!

DavidM

posted on 12/10/05 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
I have a friend who tells me that the MX5 is the best handling sportscar on the road...

I know that's not true, because my Mondeo is!

Proportion is Everything

marc n

posted on 12/10/05 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I once heard that a kit manufacturer had managed to build a Seven style car that weighed in at less than 400kgs....

is there any connection to this and the current mk situation call me synical ( spelling )

[Edited on 12/10/05 by marc n]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
_Aero_

posted on 12/10/05 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
quote:

is there any connection to this and the current mk situation call me synical ( spelling )

[Edited on 12/10/05 by marc n]

If I called you synical would you tell me WTF you're talking about?

chrisg

posted on 12/10/05 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
A schoolmate once told me he was riding his moped when a flatbed truck overtook him, one of the hooks that you tie ropes to caught him by the collar, hoicked him off, and dropped him on the road in front of his moped.......which promptly ran him over. He was an ugly b@st@rd so it may have been true

Big blonde Derbyshire sheep shagger once told me he'd done a big smelly log on the Track at Le Mans - what do you reckon Jon?

Cheers

Chris

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 12/10/05 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
I once heard a guy a knew telling someone he had just had a new powerband installed on his moto-x bike.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

theconrodkid

posted on 12/10/05 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
chris,i heard it was on a caravan door step

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Danozeman

posted on 12/10/05 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
My mate once told me he passed his driving test. He came roun mine and took me for a spin his his company car. I found it strange as he drove like someone that had never had a lesson.

I later discovered he had been done for driving a car on a provisional with no one in the passenger seat. (This came from his mum). He go banned for 6 months. Shortly after this he got made "redundant" from where he worked. I later discovered they sacked him for pretending he had a driving licence and driving a company car like this!!!

He now rides a motorbike. I reckon its because he darent have any driving lessons incase anyone finds out.

[Edited on 12/10/05 by Danozeman]

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.