Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: donnington
marc n

posted on 18/10/05 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
donnington

just a quick note to say thanks to all existing and new members for making it a great weekend its nice for the old and new owners to meet up and chat about their builds and made me feel very proud of what we have acheived, hope those of you who came out on circuit enjoyed the fun appologies to the three who we couldnt take out on circuit, ( felt a slight vibration and on checking the car over we found a broken bolt in the propshaft so decided safety wise to call it a day )

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dillinger1977

posted on 18/10/05 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
yup, was nice to put some faces to the new names!

are you the proud owner of a Cosworth engine yet?

[Edited on 18/10/05 by Dillinger1977]

-Rog

Hellfire

posted on 18/10/05 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Good to see you out there enjoying yourself Marc... good to see so many other manufacturer's too. A few had troubles during the day which is always bad news, not only for the manufacturer but for the potential customers too. Sorry about the video opening sequence being on you and for the stander-by's comments it wasn't meant with any malice whatsoever - but I'm sure you know that. Hope you got it sorted and it was nothing too serious - hopefully it was the vibration thing that decided you to stop before more damage could have been caused.

That is a gorgeous car mate - really stands out. Hope you're well - I'll try to get up to see you again soon.

Regards

Steve

Winston Todge

posted on 18/10/05 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
I can vouch for that car going like poo off a shovel! I have had quite a lot experience with fast motorcyles but that car is just astounding...

Accelerates like a bike but then goes around corners like nothing else! Have a squizz at my new index page on the website in dedication to that day... www.mnrvortxr1.co.uk

I think I have an apology to make too Steve. To be honest when I first saw the video I had had five too many beers and may have read into it slightly...

Again, thanks Marc for an awesome few days out and also the kit that was delivered on the Saturday there!! Can't wait to get started! Woohooo!

Keep up the great work!

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Winston Todge

posted on 18/10/05 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Just a few piccies for absent peeps...

Chris, Marc and me in the hall on the Saturday.

-

Me, Iain and Marc removing the chassis from their new transporter.

-

All the bits in temporary storage before moving them down to Bristol...

-

Colin (Colibriman), Marc, me and (I can't entirely remember his name... Mark?), with Iain scrabbling around on the floor...

-

Me in the car with Marc at the wheel!

-

That smile has only just faded...

Anyway, those are for the peeps that can't be bothered to read the inane dross that I write on my site... http://www.mnrvortxr1.co.uk/buildpgone.htm

Chris.

Agriv8

posted on 18/10/05 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
how come everyone is stood arround gassing with there hands in there pockets apart from me ?

nowt new there then !!!

least the grass was soft on my knakered knees !

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

andy d (rizla)

posted on 18/10/05 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
was only there the sunday,but had a great time,thank chris,marc for the loan of the chair on your stand,after carrying a lsd almost a mile from my car i needed a rest(and a fag)
Winston Todge

posted on 18/10/05 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
You're the only with enough skill to do whatever you're doing Iain! Plus it was bloody chilly that morning! The restrictor didn't fall out though did it!?

Met you're mate on the Sunday Andy. Seemed like a nice chap. We had a chat about your past experiences with kit car garages... I think you'd have to try hard to get rougher treatment! How did that all work out in the end? Did you get most of your money back?

Can't wait to see the microphone going through the window btw...

And did your mate enjoy the ride!!?

Chris.

andy d (rizla)

posted on 18/10/05 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
it worked out in the end,im from the east end of london,so lets just say i got all monies back in the end with the help of aggro
Winston Todge

posted on 18/10/05 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hahahhah, true Grant styleee...

Did your mate enjoy his ride in the Fluro Orange beast?

andy d (rizla)

posted on 18/10/05 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
well after a good ten minuits of not being able to speak or stop shaking,he said two words that sum up marcs driving and the vortx...........F@*&k me.......
Bryan Sears

posted on 18/10/05 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Just been on your site Chris looks good. Glad you got a go in the Orange Beast. Hope you get your kit finished sooner than you think. Bryan
G.Man

posted on 19/10/05 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Great write up...

Can't wait to read the next installment..

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

SidewaysMatt

posted on 19/10/05 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Good to have a chat on Saturday Marc, helped answer a few of my questions, and both me and Nik were impressed with the car and also the amount of knowledge and thought that has obviously gone into the design.

Just putting the finishing touches to my costings spreadsheet (it does all add up doesn't it ) and then you'll be getting an order

Just wish I'd been able to make it on Sunday to be scare sh!tless in the orange machine

Visit our blog at http://more-power.blogspot.com

G.Man

posted on 19/10/05 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Matt, you will love the improvements to the new chassis, will post some pics this weekend of the new front end, and full round tube chassis... its a peach...

Marc's chassis is constantly evolving, he wont be urning out the same old stuff that others have been doing for years...

I shudder to think how good it will be in 5 years...

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

GregMcN

posted on 23/10/05 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Marc

I have not been around since last Sunday but just wanted to add my thanks. It was my first experience of a bike engined car and I certainly think I made the right decision. I was surprised how smooth the gearchange was ( I was worried it might be very harsh compared to a bike with the weight of the propshaft etc) but what impressed me most was the cornering and braking (oh and the driver).

Greg

marc n

posted on 24/10/05 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
cheers greg, shame it wasnt a bit warmer in the morning
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Winston Todge

posted on 24/10/05 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry Greg. Were you the bloke I was talking to in the morning about the RT+ at the track side? In the fourth picture?

Chris.

Peteff

posted on 24/10/05 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
least the grass was soft on my knakered knees

You will join these half baked religions. You'd have thought they'd move the car while you were trying to face Mecca though. In future don't make bingo your god.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Agriv8

posted on 24/10/05 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Hi peter,

Ofter accused of beeing a tyre Kicker starting a new trend as a tyre licker any jokes about window lickers will not be tolerated !!!

And anyway I was not preying to mecca did that religion the week before I was preying to the god of big silver birds.

Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

marc n

posted on 24/10/05 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
back from amsterdam then ian, bring anything back

not going to be working late tonight but will be tuesday, the misses wants to go out for a meal

your car is still in the truck by the way

Agriv8

posted on 24/10/05 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Nope the only thing i brough back was a hangover, oh and 800 Malbro's + the wife

Need to bring Engine stand over this evening

Any chanve of getting the car out of the truck or is it stopping it blowing away / washed away ?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.