Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: nissan 200sx
seakoot

posted on 18/11/05 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
nissan 200sx

I haven't started anything yet but i was wondering if it is a good idea to use nissan 200sx as a donor car. it has 1.8 turbo engine. has anybody from this forum got any experience with this car as a donor?

thank you

MkIndy7

posted on 18/11/05 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Try searching for the engine numbers

Either CA18det for the 1.8T
or SR20DE
or SR20DET

on this very site

Mark Allanson

posted on 18/11/05 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Are silvias a better option?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

donut

posted on 19/11/05 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Jasper on here is fitting one to his Stylus. Theres an MK Indy with one fitted too which goes like a train which i can vouch for!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Messenjah

posted on 19/11/05 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
why would an indy thats slow and wont work when there ae leaves on the road or snow and stops all the time be a good example if it really does go like a train
MkIndy7

posted on 19/11/05 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe it corners like its on Rails tho
soggy

posted on 20/11/05 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
200sx

have a word with jeffersS13 he just fitted one in his kit

if at first u dont succeed use a bigger hammer!

Jeffers_S13

posted on 1/12/05 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
Are silvias a better option?

Silvia is like the another name for a 200SX, like Fairlady for the 300ZX

Ive just emailed you seakoot in response to your PM

James

@ soggy - I must ring Barry and get my windscreen back ! I just keep forgetting !

AlexPfeiffer

posted on 3/12/05 at 12:23 AM Reply With Quote
I friend of mine has a shop that deals with alot of silvia's and sr20det's. I was also considering this motor because the motor is easy to build up, comes with little over 200hp stock, and you can upgrade the stock motor to make up to 400hp pretty easily with just cams, injectors, turbo, and a ECU.

We dont have sr20det's in the states but there are many front clips that come in from japan and other asian importers. Going price is $2000 to $3500 (us)depending on mileage and motor type.

I was just looking at one today and thinking about getting it for my locost.

nismomk

posted on 9/12/05 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
200 sx donor

I have just finished Mk Indy (Brands Car0 with SR20DET from 98 200sx. Superb engine all alloy, 16v, variable valve timing, turbo intercooler. 205bhp standard 250 is easy and over 400 possible. standard 5sp box fits as well. just mate front of prop to sierra prop. Its a bit tall but could just get a standard bonnet on.
But we went for a bulge version to get more air in.
Now SVA'd it's time to up the boost!

jon_boy

posted on 9/12/05 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
Im using a CA18det, in my build although i havnt got very far. I have stripped the engine though and got it all cleaned and painted, will get some piccys up. Thing to watch for on them is apparently the big end bearings giving up later on in life. Try www.sxoc.co.uk for some useful info everything ca18det and rb20det wise.
Nisseven

posted on 14/12/05 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
I have a 2003 s15 as a donor and plan to use the whole car. Front suspension is a bit of a bugger but I think I have it sussed. SR20DE is not turbo'd but should have enough grunt for me. Was going to use the rear subframe but am going to build IRS instead. Should be easier than the front as the hub carriers are bolted on. I'm even going to use the seats as they are nice and low and comfy and not that old. Car was wreck imported from Japan and I picked it up for a very good price. Should recoup some when I sell of the bits I don't need. I think I have some photos in photo section of the front uprights. If not I'll post some in the next few days.
Bruce

Nisseven

posted on 14/12/05 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Eew its a bit big and before I performed some surgery. I'll post some new ones of how I sorted it.
Bruce

dougal

posted on 14/12/05 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
i am building a locost which at the moment will use a redtop, i am also into my 200sx's. the sxoc is a fantastic forum with lots of helpfull people.

i have a spare sr20det which i was thinking of fitting but for your std looking locost, the engine is too tall.

its a couple of inches taller than the XE which is too tall any way.

my s14 is fast enough with 280bhp and a nissan attached. it will spin the wheels in third in the wet easily.

think ill stick to the xe to start

Nisseven

posted on 18/12/05 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hi I've posted some photos in my archive of the mods I made to the front suspension.
Engine is high but not to high, they will fit plenty been used in aussie.

Kodiak

posted on 17/1/06 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
SR20DE / SR20DET

A bit of a late post on the Nissan engine topic. I am putting together a MK Indy with a SR20DE so thought I would throw a extra option in to the mix. There is a Japanese domestic market version of the SR20DE prepared by Autech for Nissan (S14/15 Silvia) that is good for 200ish HP normally aspirated. simular power to the Turbo (SR20DET) but 30kg lighter without the turbo and intercooler. If you are getting an engine imported from Japan then this is worth a look as the price is less than the turbo and faster.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.