Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: intruder alarm system
Aboardman

posted on 1/12/05 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
intruder alarm system

I installed a Accentra mini control boxes (no pads) and 2 remote keypads.
has been installed for about 5 years and not a problem until tuesday.

For some reason i had a trip on the switch board and lost all power, ever since my alarm has been
not working,

the keypads light up but no power light, no day light, no tamper light nothing apart from the green keys lighting up
i have changed the fuse in the control panel, i have checked that the keypads are getting 13v and they are,

the keypads are front and rear door and both worked up to tuesday, i did have the alarm box flashing but that has stopped now as i reset the system, but the keypads are dead.

what else should i do apart from change the control panel

lsdweb

posted on 1/12/05 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Try removing all power and battery for a minute or two. This may reset the system totally. Most modern systems will have NVM so there will, probably be a link on the board that you have to disconnect as well when you do this to reset to factory defaults.
omega 24 v6

posted on 1/12/05 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
If the power was off for any lenght of time and the backup battery was flat or fooked then the panel has maybe reset to the default factory settings again (usually 1234 ).

Lsd types quicker than me

[Edited on 1/12/05 by omega 24 v6]

Locost?

posted on 2/12/05 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Hi
I would also suggest changing the back up battery if the system has been installed for 5 years, these should be about a tenner from a local electrical factor. If the system has gone back to factory defaults you will need to reprogramme the zones etc. If you haven't got the installation manual still then you could try the following link. This is for user manuals but if you call them they may send you an installation manual.

click here

Hope this is of some help.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.