Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dash (Gauges) Layout
James

posted on 17/12/05 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Dash (Gauges) Layout

Got to the stage where I have to start thinking about the dash layout.

Ideally I'd like the speedo and tacho in front of the driver, behind the steering wheel but for speed I'm thinking about buying a dash.
The dash has the 6 (I think) raised bulges where you mount the gauges in the centre of the dash.

How convenient are they? Is it a pain turning your head all the time to look at the speedo?

Has anyone either 'dash centre' or 'behind steering wheel' mounted and then regretted it?

Thanks,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Daxrushv6

posted on 17/12/05 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
I had mine in the centre and it really annoyed me turning to look at them, so have now moved to behind wheel althoughits the rev counter that takes pride of place with the speedo partially blocked by the wheel.
rusty nuts

posted on 17/12/05 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
When I made my dash I put the speedo to the left of the tacho because I still had the original Sierra wheel fitted I did allow enough cable to move it although I still haven't done it . I find it annoying to have to look over to the left to check speed . Are you thinking of using the CBS dash? layout looks OK to me
Tigger

posted on 18/12/05 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Try This

Dash Designer

TiggerText

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bob C

posted on 18/12/05 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
That is ace!
some people clearly have way too much time on their hands!!!!
Bob

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.