Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: more space for enter/exit - P tube
PerspexIt

posted on 20/2/03 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
more space for enter/exit - P tube

Hi,

i have a little problem with my right leg, i cannot flex it like the other, bike accident years ago...
I'm thinking about get more space for enter/exit replacing the P tube with ..ill try to draw it:

_______
/ \ <- new P[/font]
| <- J1 | <-J2

The height of the "new P" will be around 2 inches. Planning also to weld 2 tubes form the angles of P to Q, something like that:

----------
|-|
p | | q
|-|
----------

The question is: this change will have bad effects of the chassis strenght? And/Or other problems i cannot see now?

Regards,
P

James

posted on 20/2/03 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PerspexIt
Hi,
i have a little problem with my right leg, i cannot flex it like the other, bike accident years ago...
I'm thinking about get more space for enter/exit replacing the P tube with ..ill try to draw it:

Hi P,

Have you tried getting into someone else's Locost to see if it's definately a problem?
The only reason I say this is that after my snow boarding accident a couple of weeks ago I've got my leg in a very restrictive brace while it heals. Even so, it was just as easy (if not easier) to get into Locodude's Tangerine Dream than it is to get into my Golf.

Admittedly keenness may have been a factor in how easily I got in but I thought it was worth mentioning!

HTH,

James

[Edited on 20/2/03 by James]

PerspexIt

posted on 20/2/03 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Hi James, unfortunely, no locost in my country! Saw the real thing (Lotus 7) only one time in the road..
I start to think is better if i use wood for partially build the driver's area, and see if is "decently" comfortable.

Thanks,
P

[Edited on 20/2/03 by PerspexIt]

David Jenkins

posted on 20/2/03 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Don't compare the Lotus or Caterham 7's with the Locost - the latter is a lot more roomy, especially round the footwell area.

If you can't find a Locost, lookfor a West field - they're very similar (I can't imagine why... )

rgds,

David

philgregson

posted on 20/2/03 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
P,

Which country do you come from that has no LOCOSTs - It must be full of very happy content people with no desire to spend their winter evenings huddled over an icy chassis (Poor deluded fools) rather than go home and have a 'proper' life.

Good luck with your build and may it be the first of many more in the world-wide comunity of sad individuals that build our own cars.

Phil.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.