Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wheels
darrens

posted on 30/12/05 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
wheels

I think maybe this has been brought up before but, just a query

I'm at the point where-as I need to start thinking about wheels for the Viento, from the Luego drawings the rears have a 22mm offset, I am inclined to go with this and stick to luego's spec, however, I was woundering if anyone has stuck to same size alround and put spaces on the back. My only concern with this is that I am using a 3.9 RV8 and don't wish to balls things up cosmetically (by looking crap) and mechanically if they fail due to the high torque of the RV8.

Any opinions comments on this appreciated.

Cheers
Darren

Paul (Notts)

posted on 31/12/05 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=30783

front 17 inch * 7 1/2 with 205
rear 17 inch * 8 with 235

offset as on leugo site

wilkingj

posted on 1/1/06 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
I have a Viento with Rover V8 approx 240bhp:

In the end I got Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's
17x7" ET38 fronts with 205/40 Kuhmo tyres. Grant told me not to go any wider on the front.
17x8" ET23 rears with 235/40 Kuhmo tyres.

In hindsight I should have gone 9" ET23 with a small hubcentric spacer on the rears. Hubcentric due to the power levels and torque etc.
Look at the rear in the piccy... The rear wheel could go out a bit further. ie wider rim rather than a spacer.
I have not checked the dimensions for 9" rears, so you would need to do your sums for the offset before ordering.

Team Dynamics do 8" and 9"X17 Pro Race1.2 in Offsets ET23 to 40 offset, although this is not shown on many websites.

I have not found many companies doing 9" (235mm) wide wheels. 235/17" tyres are more available. (look for 45 and 40 profile as some tyres dont come in both profiles).

I paid £587:50 (Rims & Tyres) delivered to the local Half Fords shop. Ordering was a Pain, as the Order Doc is geared for One set of wheel all the same size.
He used Two Orders, and a LOT of writing outside the boxes, and several phone calls to the Manufacturer.
I had to wait 5 weeks, whilst the rears were specially made for me. The fronts being off the shelf.

Tyres seem to vary. This is quite a good price. Split Rim wheels is one of the other ways to go, and they come out at well.. quite expensive!!.

Anyone else got any other info re tyres / rims at a reasonable price in 17" for a Viento.
Happy New Year

http://www.v8viento.co.uk
Build State Oct12
Build State Oct12

[Edited on 1/1/2006 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.