Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Important Announcement
Volvorsport

posted on 17/2/06 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Important Announcement

ok chaps , as of monday , im a new employee at Robin Hood Sportscars .

Position :- Senior Technical Engineer .

I feel very positive about the future for this company , its products and its customer service , i have a long list already !!!

regards

Dave Slater B.Eng (hons) Automobile Engineering

feel free to comment !

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

Dale

posted on 17/2/06 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations,
It will also be a benefit to the company having someone in that knows what and why a lot of people have issues with there products. Without input nothing ever changes to the better.
Good luck
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

David Jenkins

posted on 17/2/06 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
You might as well paint a nice round target pattern on your front! Or back...

Seriously, good luck in your new job - perhaps you can feed back to us some info on Robin Hood and what they're up to, or as much as you're allowed to anyway.

cheers,
David

[Edited on 17/2/06 by David Jenkins]

iank

posted on 17/2/06 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations.

Does this mean RH will start specifying Volvo engines as standard

zxrlocost

posted on 17/2/06 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
great mate

does a foreign chap own them is he one of those secret people you never see or does everyone just float around the workshops like at some other manafacturers....

chris

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Volvorsport

posted on 17/2/06 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
well , with a senior technical input in all projects now , my view and standpoint will be considerable !!!

Of course financial viability is always at the forefront .

Im not scared of taking any flak either , since if i was building my own to sell to other people im ready for it , i think !

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

Avoneer

posted on 17/2/06 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats mate - sounds like a good job.

Let's hope they end up with some nice chassis in the future then!

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Locost?

posted on 17/2/06 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
As a locost builder and having experience of a number of "kit cars" from the industry leaders down, including robin hood my priorities would be as follows:

1. Get as much feedback (good and bad)as you can from owners/builders about previous incarnations of the robin hood. The owners clubs would be a good start. This will give you a good grounding in the way the general kit car buying public views Robin Hood.

2. I realise that the cars are built to a budget but there have been too many serious problems with their design. I am sure many stainless tubbed series 7 owners will recount to you the crack that appears near the front suspension mounting points. I know I was not alone in sucking my teath when they conceived the light weight (all that aluminium to work and time harden).

3. I have personal experince of a rear sock mounting (series 7) giving way on a motoway slip road after an motorway run, luckily we were doing 30 at the time it went. The mount was removed and was obviously woefully inadequate to the task so it was returned for replacement with a modified unit we hoped! The mounting was duly bent back in to shape and returned to us, so not only was the original bracket not up to the job, but it was sent back fatigued! Absolutely terrible customer service not to mention what position it would have put robin hood in if the bracket failed again causing serious injury or death. We modified the bracket ourselves (both sides) using a small brace and never had any more problems.

After saying all of the above I would say that from my own point of view, all in all the robin hood really kick started the resurgence of the 7 as a kit car again for the avaerage man in the street (rather than expensive toy as in Westfield and Caterham). It always has been and to my mind MUST stay the most cost effective option to 7 ownership (locost included, £250 is achievable but £5,000 is more likely). This is a very hard balancing act to achieve and I don't envy you but I have to say good luck and long may Robin Hood continue.

big_wasa

posted on 17/2/06 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats m8

Does that mean you can get us all discount on a kit

graememk

posted on 17/2/06 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
what staff discount do you get ?

lol

britishtrident

posted on 17/2/06 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
At long last :-)
David Jenkins

posted on 17/2/06 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
It would be nice if RH products could be regarded on this site as an equal when compared to the other favourite Locost suppliers (MK, MNR, Mac#1, etc.).

It would be nice... but not yet, I think.

David

Ian Pearson

posted on 17/2/06 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats!

I'm sure that RHE will go from strength to strength provided they take on board the feedback from past customers as Locost? has said.

I experienced the previous owners customer service first hand. The tirade I was subjected to left me stunned, and a little peeved for quite some time.

I hope that your job goes well, and that RHE lives long and prospers!

zilspeed

posted on 17/2/06 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
Yep - good news indeed.

you could never criticise the RH cost cutting philosphy. It was very specifically a part of their whole way of doing things.
Add sound engineering, and things can only look good.

The very best of luck for the future.

Jasper

posted on 17/2/06 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.