Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What pads?
flidz101

posted on 29/3/06 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
What pads?

Whats the thinking on EBC pads (had greenstuff on my elise & they were shite in the wet & faded dangerously when really hot).

Anyone tried pagids on cortina calipers? Can they be made to fit? Are they any good? Is there anything better?

Again, all help appreciated.

fesycresy

posted on 29/3/06 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'm lead to believe Pagids are one of the best (blues I think).

Ask John Freeth at Performance Breaking, Monmouth, he used to be the head of Girling Racing Dept. Knows his stuff and has a massive stock of Pagids.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

flidz101

posted on 29/3/06 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
That's what I've found in other cars, but I've only tried them with cross-drilled discs. Sadly the 750 rules don't allow....

What about blackstuff pads?

greggors84

posted on 29/3/06 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Mintex 1144 are meant to be the business for road pads, create lots of dust but if that doesnt bother you they are meant to be great.

1144 are fast road
1155 are track
1166 are Race

as far as i remember anyway.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

DickieB

posted on 29/3/06 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
I've always used EBC Greenstuff and have had no problems (Part no DP2291). Pagid are supposed to be very good, but are over £100 (I think the part no is E4905 but am not 100% sure from memory - Grand Prix Racewear stock them)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
givemethebighammer

posted on 29/3/06 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Mintex 1144 on my car - work very well and don't cost the earth so no complaints.
NS Dev

posted on 29/3/06 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
Mintex 1144 are superb pads for "general" use I.e. some track work and road use from cold.

I have yet to find anything that compares as an all round pad, EBC greens were rubbish by comparison. (used on road rallies, not on a 7, in both cases)

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

D Beddows

posted on 30/3/06 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Your other brother in law has never had any problems with Greenstuff pads fitted in his race car - don't know why but they don't seem to have the same issues in a 1300 Locost that they do in other cars.

P.S. does my sister know you're on here btw Tim?

P.P.S if I've got it wrong and you're not called Tim and not married to my lil sister ignore the above apart from the bits about brake pads

Rob Palin

posted on 30/3/06 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
I used EBC Redstuff on my Impreza for a while but they were utterly, dangerously useless - no bite at all when cold and faded to nothing after less than half a lap of the Nurburgring (with braided hoses & fresh dot 5 fluid).

I switched to Pagid Blue and thought they were absolutely brilliant in all conditions. It was definitely worth the extra investment.

For the Locost though i had Ferodo DS2500 but reluctantly switched to Green stuff and must confess that they're perfectly fine. Like DB says, on Locosts they don't seem to suffer from the same problems as other cars or other EBC products. In this case i don't think it's worth the extra expense of Pagids.

Rob

chockymonster

posted on 30/3/06 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've tried mintex, pagid and now carbotech brakes in my evo.

The carbotech panthers are awesome they work from well cold and even better warm. I'll be putting them in my car when I get to that point!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.