Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Old Mini Vs Old Beetle
tri

posted on 10/4/06 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Old Mini Vs Old Beetle

I have been looking into having a Beetle or a Mini for my first car but i am totaly torn between the to please give me ur thoughts?

Mini would become a customised Mini
Beetle would become a "hot rod" look

Cheers Tri

flak monkey

posted on 10/4/06 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Old mini cooper all the way. Much more fun than the Keisers car

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

zilspeed

posted on 10/4/06 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
If you like driving, buy a mini. Nothing much beats doing handbrake turns in a deserted snow covered car park in your first mini.

If you like looking cool (whatever that is) and don't much care for driving, buy a beetle.

Unless you fit a 2.2 motor and go drag racing...

mookaloid

posted on 10/4/06 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
mini
16vmini

posted on 10/4/06 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
mini ! , check out http://www.16vminiclub.com ,

then once you are hooked , come on over to http://www.16vminishop.co.uk

Matt

Triton

posted on 10/4/06 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Mini.......unless it's a Beach Buggy

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 10/4/06 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Beetle Beetle Beetle Beetle Beetle Beetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle Beetle

tri

posted on 10/4/06 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 16vmini
mini ! , check out http://www.16vminiclub.com ,

then once you are hooked , come on over to http://www.16vminishop.co.uk

Matt

i already am hooked just like them both but as its been said minis are for driving beetles arn't

Tri

zilspeed

posted on 10/4/06 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
Beetle Beetle Beetle Beetle Beetle Beetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle BeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetleBeetle Beetle

You are such a girl...

Triton

posted on 10/4/06 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
..............Juice!

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 10/4/06 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
.........Juice!

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

rusty nuts

posted on 10/4/06 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Mini everytime, and I used to work at a VW dealers servicing Beetles. NO heater to speak off , thirsty, expensive to repair,not as reliable as people think, slow, and all of them apart from South American imports are at least 25 years old, If you want a VW get a type 2 and stick a water cooled lump in
Kissy

posted on 10/4/06 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Mk1 Golf.
GTi if poss, but a 1.6GLS will make you smile - loads of tweeky bits still around. Classic insurance like the others.

Mini - Zils' right.
Beetle - get in a crosswind and wonder what the f***'s going on!

Simon

posted on 10/4/06 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Had several Minis and a couple of Beetles.

The Minis were all sold, whereas the Beetles (incl a '56 oval) felt the wrath of my v. large angle grinder.

ATB

Simon

COREdevelopments

posted on 10/4/06 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
the mini speaks for itself. i had one for my first car and loved every minute with it, even when i was repairing it,
bearing in mind im a mini nut and wouldnt have it any other way!!!

so get a mini

chris.russell

posted on 10/4/06 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
mini!

Mines a pint

benji106

posted on 10/4/06 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
quite interested in this topic as i am considering a beetle or a mini but at the moment i think I'd rather have a mk2 golf.... now if only i had some bloody money!

-Everything in excess-

Pezza

posted on 10/4/06 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for the mini here tbh.
Good fun car to drive, you always feel you're going faster than you are lol
Ben

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

mac1ZR

posted on 10/4/06 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Mini
we ve done beetles and its like throwing cash into a big black hole

jock

posted on 10/4/06 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
mini

MINI if you want to see mine i live at armadale west lothan but i have the other thing to
DIY Si

posted on 10/4/06 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
MINI every single time. Handles better than a lot of modern cars, you can still look cool if you so wish, tuning parts are cheap and plentiful, and many can be made at home. Ie most suspension mods only require a hacksaw to shorten the suspension trumpets. And they can go just as fast as you think, and much faster then many others think you're going too! I regularly wee off type R's and impreza's rounbd the local back roads.

Ps since when did the site begin correcting swearing? It say pi$$ on my screen, but wee when I submit it!

[Edited on 10/4/06 by DIY Si]

trogdor

posted on 10/4/06 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
i would say mini too, they are so cool to drive and are alot of fun! beetles are nice too, but as mentioned before they are expensive to mod, and are getting expensive to buy. (Can't beleive how much type 2's cost now!) and don't handle that great or go that fast unless modified. whereas a standard mini is pretty good at that already! everyone loves minis too, think italian job!!
Peteff

posted on 10/4/06 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
suspension mods only require a hacksaw to shorten the suspension trumpets

How much are you taking off Get yourself an old Imp if you want to be different to the crowd. Minis are nice but they're a pain to work on, I've had a few as well so don't think I'm just saying this. They are easy to drive but when they let go watch out, they do bite.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jasper

posted on 11/4/06 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Mini - but as others have said get used to working on them .....

Bettle - cool but crap in almost every other respect

(and I've had both)

MikeRJ

posted on 11/4/06 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
Mini, without a doubt. I've had about 5 of them since I started driving way back when. My very first car, an 850cc Belgium import with Cooper S disks sticks in my mind as probably the most fun car I have ever owned. Was only £75 from auction as well.

However, they do rust so either be prepared to do some work to one that is already suffering, or buy a nice one and keep on top of the rust that will inevitably appear.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.