Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS Tuning - Problem with order?
David H

posted on 25/4/06 at 03:24 AM Reply With Quote
GTS Tuning - Problem with order?

Does anyone know how I can contact GTS Tuning? I placed an order and received a package, but a pair of upper wishbones was missing.

I have sent three email messages, and left one phone message but no reply after two weeks. I have phoned at other times but it always goes to voice mail.

Should I be woried?

Thanks.

donut

posted on 25/4/06 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe he doesn't advertise all his contact details? Now you have people should find him easier to talk to...which is always a good thing.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BKLOCO

posted on 25/4/06 at 06:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David H
Does anyone know how I can contact GTS Tuning? I placed an order and received a package, but a pair of upper wishbones was missing.

I have sent three email messages, and left one phone message but no reply after two weeks. I have phoned at other times but it always goes to voice mail.

Should I be woried?

Thanks.

It's been said many many times before but as you're new you probably haven't seen it so here goes again:
e-mail is NOT the best way to contact GTS
The best way is to phone Darrens mobile.
DO NOT WITHHOLD YOUR NUMBER.
He is a very busy man but will call you back generally within the hour.
If you have no luck then phone the w-shop.
Darren isn't there all the time but you can generally speak to someone and leave a message.
Bert owns CDL racing.
Darren owns GTS Tuning.
They both have an interest in Kit Car Builds.
They are currently trying to recruit another person for the Kit Car Builds side of the business. All the guys are a little stressed at the moment.
Should you be worried?
In my opinion definately not.

By the way Mark they did try the avenue you suggested with the "receptionist" and I understand it didn't work out.
Regards
Brian

EDIT

Sorry David H I've just noticed you are in Canada.
This could be the problem.
When you ring Darrens mobile he uses the call list to ring people back.
If you call internationally your number may not be transmitted.
In this case you are probably best to call the W-shop.

[Edited on 25-4-06 by BKLOCO]

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

flak monkey

posted on 25/4/06 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
How odd. I emailed him this morning and got a reply within an hour

But as BKLOCO says, try phoning the workshop if you can't reach him on his mobile.

Cheers,
David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

dozracing

posted on 25/4/06 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

Its ok, dave got mixed up with the email address. He used doz@gtstuning.co.uk and not darren@gtstuning.co.uk and hence it didn't get through.

Problem now resolved.

Kind regards,
Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
COREdevelopments

posted on 25/4/06 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
i found it sometimes hard to contact darren, probably because i was ringing a bit too often as my panels were late. the best way is to try his mobile or workshop number which is not on the website i think. its been posted anyways

scoop

posted on 26/4/06 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
It obviously depends on who you are! Im still trying to get decent, useable bodywork from him 7 months after paying for it
I email and ring him. Hes never at the factory and doesnt return anything.
Never again.

SilverFox

posted on 3/5/06 at 04:04 AM Reply With Quote
Join the club - Darrens supporters are quick on advice but should try walking in the shoes of the many who have been shafted. It is tough to swallow
David H

posted on 6/5/06 at 05:04 AM Reply With Quote
Update

These last two posts certainly tell a different story!

Nothing has been resolved to date. Above Darren says "problem resolved," but he did absolutely nothing. I phoned him, and he said he woulld send the parts, and it was his supplier that short shipped. I've not heard a thing for a week, and am pursuing this through PayPal and my credit card company.

This may yet be resolved, but for now my recommendation is to avoid GTS Tuning.

scoop

posted on 8/5/06 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Amen to that brother.
Mine should have gone in the post friday lunchtime. A promise from Darren to me. Did they arrive today? No they did not!!!

nludkin

posted on 9/5/06 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
I have learned so much from Darren. Because of his quality control I have had to teach myself to weld and do fiberglass repair (Air pockets). I have fully documented proof before Darren starts spouting off about forums being legal, etc again.

I had almost 10 months of promises of next day delivery.. I threatened legal action and my parts arrived the next day.

Never ever again.

On the plus side the car is now taking shape.

TimC

posted on 10/5/06 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
From how long ago do the faulty parts date?

From what I can gather, there was a period when all was not as it should have been, but that more recent kits have been greeted by happier customers.

Is this a fair assessment? My interest here is that despite what I've read I'm hoping to build a Panther in the future on the basis of value for money - particularly when it comes to additions like custom engine mounts, and full roll cages.

David H

posted on 11/5/06 at 02:08 AM Reply With Quote
My problems began with an order placed in early April. The partial order was delivered in good time on April 10.

However, parts were missing, there was no documentation enclosed, no explantation was given, and all correspondance has been ignored.

I'm still optimistic, in that most people tend to honesty, but this makes me wonder. I'd feel better if there was even a small explanation.

David H
Calgary

scoop

posted on 19/5/06 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Forget optimism where Gts and Darren are concerned.
Im now into month 8 waiting for decent panels to arrive.
My replacement ones finally arrived yesterday and they are terrible. I dont think im asking too much to not expect voids, transparency and brush marks in the gel coat. Absolute rubbish.
I know im not paying Westfield and Caterham money but i have seen other suppliers body work, like Luego, and it knocks spots off this stuff.
Frustrated doesnt touch how im feeling at the moment

DarrenW

posted on 19/5/06 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to here you have been helping to resolve the issue calvin, very commendable.
Some fairish points ref reason for failure but comments not really needed as to who is ultimately accountable. All been said before.
To be honest im a firm believer that you cant really comment on someones personal experiences when you are remote. Theirs nowt as queer as folk and i often suspect that not all of the facts are published on forums like these - sometimes for valid reasons.

David H

posted on 25/5/06 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
Parts received

I am pleased to report that the missing upper wishbones have been delivered!

I am especially grateful to Mark (CaLviNx) for taking it upon himself to work with Darren to resolve the misunderstanding. I

Thank you all for your concern and advice.

Best regards,

David H
Calgary

flak monkey

posted on 26/5/06 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
Glad you got it sorted out. And well done Mark for helping out

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Triton

posted on 26/5/06 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Transparent gel coat and brush marks are a sign of one gel coat. About the only colour you can get away with one gel is black....even on seats I have to double gel coat if using any other colour than black.
Also pigmenting the resin the same colour as the gel helps avoid transparency, I never use clear resin unless on moulds....It pays to be taught by someone who really knows their stuff and I had a damn good teacher.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Hellfire

posted on 26/5/06 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
It pays to be taught by someone who really knows their stuff and I had a damn good teacher.

After seeing your work first hand, it would seem you were asleep most of the time then

Cheap shot......................

Scotty

posted on 26/5/06 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
but lets not mention gts eh ?
double standards ???

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

Ian Pearson

posted on 26/5/06 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
I've had bodywork from Mark that was and still is first class. Went and collected it from him in person, and he couldn't have been more helpful. Top man.

I bought stuff from Darren at GTS before this forum started. Met him on several occasions, again he couldn't have been more helpful. Top man.

As much as I like these two guys, they both seem to have had problems recently. Life is full of the unexpected, illness, natural disasters, the list is endless.

GTS does seem to have a high proportion of disatisfied customers. I have never had any problem communicating with GTS, but each individual has their own experience. I'm not sure that a public forum is the correct medium for sorting them out.

From reading the various posts over time, it would seem that a lot of the problems GTS is experiencing are due to:

a) Expanding too rapidly, and

b) Problems with their suppliers.

Surely this is ultimately the resposibility of GTS? If they are unable to deliver items, due to bad communication, or an inability to keep up with demand, or if body gell coats are substandard, it is up to GTS to improve the performance of their suppliers and the quality of the equipment they make and supply?

Syd Bridge

posted on 26/5/06 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
GTS Tuning..Darren George....

Calvinx Mark and his other defenders, if you wish to get personal (and if you are wise you will stop this 'Triton Bashing' right here and now), regarding Mr.George, then I may know just a little more of his past than you. Mr.George is his own worst enemy, always was, and still appears to be.

Stop this stupidity now. Get in from gossipping and mud slinging 'over the back fence', and get on with your cars. That's what this forum is for, isn't it?

Cheers,
Syd.

scotty g

posted on 26/5/06 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
From what i have observed from my visits to Darrens workshop and talking to the guys there, they are sorting out the issues that have caused so much upset.
Some stuff has now been brought in-house, other suppliers have been set up, the whole Rally-design link will sort out all the stock issues.
There are literally hundreds of happy customers out there but because they are happy they don't feel the need to announce it on a forum. Even the large volume manufacturers such as RobinHood or Caterham have their fare share of upset customers for any number of reasons. It seems that a few people on this site just want to try and shoot GTS down in flames at the first available opportunity.
Whatever the faults with GTS its obvious that no one wants these problems sorted more than Darren and he is clearly doing some thing right as he continues to expand while other supposedly better companies are racking up ever bigger debts and/or folding completely.
Cheers.

Triton

posted on 26/5/06 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty
but lets not mention gts eh ?
double standards ???

And lets not mention the main reason for GTS's near all of the issues with delays etc was tritons doing, and the reason his marching orders were issued, oopps too late........

Best giggle of the day...

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

DIY Si

posted on 26/5/06 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
oh dear, this isn't going to start all over again is it?
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.