Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My new Mid-Five project
xico_ze54

posted on 5/5/06 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
My new Mid-Five project

Hi everybody,

Here I am to show you an antevision of my future Project. Don’t make particular attention to details, structures, proportions and so on, because this is only a draft.
This will be a mid-engined car, with a recent drivetrain and the main point is that the bodywork consistes in only three elements: a strong grill plenty of character and front and rear bonnets.
Please take a look and if you want see more about that, go to the site: http://www.viseudesign.com/mid-five.htm

Cheers
Amadeu Pires

[Edited on 5/5/06 by xico_ze54]

[Edited on 5/5/06 by xico_ze54] Rescued attachment midFive_3-vga75.jpg
Rescued attachment midFive_3-vga75.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dave1888

posted on 5/5/06 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Looks quite smart
xico_ze54

posted on 5/5/06 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
The Mid-Five

quote:
Originally posted by xico_ze54
Hi everybody,

Here I am to show you an antevision of my future Project. Don’t make particular attention to details, structures, proportions and so on, because this is only a draft.
This will be a mid-engined car, with a recent drivetrain and the main point is that the bodywork consistes in only three elements: a strong grill plenty of character and front and rear bonnets.
Please take a look and if you want see more about that, go to the site: http://www.viseudesign.com/mid-five.htm

Cheers
Amadeu Pires

Rescued attachment midFive_5-vga75.jpg
Rescued attachment midFive_5-vga75.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
olv

posted on 6/5/06 at 12:24 AM Reply With Quote
the back looks great, i'm not a fan of the front though
RazMan

posted on 6/5/06 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
I have to agree about the front - a little too retro for my taste. It reminds me of the 1950's Bugatti.
Love the back end though - a nice fusion of styles

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

Messenjah

posted on 6/5/06 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
love the frront but the front and back dont match style wise looks a bit like a cut and shut

other then that its g00000000d

cymtriks

posted on 6/5/06 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
this reminds me of my own design...

This is a picture of my own middy 7 design. Rescued attachment snapshot2.jpeg
Rescued attachment snapshot2.jpeg

russbost

posted on 7/5/06 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Xico's car reminds me of the Edge Devil at the rear end, perhaps a more modern front end would suit, particularly as there's something similar to the Atom in there too....................
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
tigris

posted on 9/5/06 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
software

Is this solidworks or rhino? Any info on where to get started with this type of modeling.

The design is very inspring, reminds me of a retro-modern '32 ford roadster, and considering that the early fords embody an across the pond predecessor/similarity of the 7 (high speed, lo-cost, lightweight) I think its top notch.
Good work

kreb

posted on 9/5/06 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
While it's stylish on the screen, I think that you'll want to tone down the grille/frontal area. It's unnecesary and out of proportion. Where will all that air go? out the bottom? It also looks like a very long hoodline for a middie (hard to tell with no side views), Whats the wheelbase?

Show us more!

Marcus

posted on 9/5/06 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Got to agree, back looks stunning, front poss a little too high, grille does it no favours.

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

russbost

posted on 9/5/06 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

It also looks like a very long hoodline for a middie (hard to tell with no side views), Whats the wheelbase?

It's not as long as mine (as the actress said to the bishop) are you saying this makes F1 cars out of proportion?

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
trogdor

posted on 24/5/06 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
i really like it! both the front and back, and thats just not cause i really like orange. i agree witht the previous about looking like a more modern 1930's ford.

would love to know more details, engine, trans etc.

[Edited on 24/5/06 by trogdor]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.