Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: alexd.dwg irs file
merkurman

posted on 18/4/03 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
alexd.dwg irs file

I got this from someone and now that I got a chance to look at it there seems to be no front suspenion section in my file, just the IRS section. so if anyone has te rest of it orkonws where I can find it let me know please.

nick

1962 fairlane with a 200" six and T5 5spd, shaved trim air ride, t3/t4 turbo and soon to be EFI
-- looking to put a offy tripower intake on soon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
fastenuff

posted on 18/4/03 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
I don't recall there being a front suspension drawing where i got this drawing. If there was one I prob would have downloaded it aswell.
I think the drawing was by alex davenport (OZ), hence the filename ALEXD, I might be wrong on the author though. You could just use the standard book drawings.

Ingmar

merkurman

posted on 18/4/03 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
well I also have the IRS drawings from lotus7.info site and notice the geometery is different between the two and wanted to make sure whatI was goingto put together was going to jive right.

nick

1962 fairlane with a 200" six and T5 5spd, shaved trim air ride, t3/t4 turbo and soon to be EFI

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 18/4/03 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Guys,

The Alex D I know of is actually an ex. pat Brit (like me) in Phoenix...

One of the first US Locosters..

merkurman

posted on 18/4/03 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
that is who I thought it was at first but he doesn't have a IRS car.

nick

fastenuff

posted on 19/4/03 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
The author most prob is the Alex D you know Alan, must have downloaded the file 3 or 4 years ago.

Ingmar

Alan B

posted on 19/4/03 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
http://home.sprintmail.com/~fourays/

Alex Devonport's website

Alan B

posted on 19/4/03 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by merkurman
that is who I thought it was at first but he doesn't have a IRS car.

nick

Good point, maybe a different guy then.

merkurman

posted on 19/4/03 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
well the file I have does give the arms length and such so i guess I am off to compare with other drawings.

I wann aget the chassis maybe welded up this summer along with the arms then figure out what motor I am putting in. I have a 2.3L turbo but it is a large and heavy engine. I might be doing a inline six ford with a alloy head from OZ if this one guy gets it working in his 7. then I get a 3.3L inline six that weights in close to 300# pair it up with my old 3spd tranny and I will have a pretty lite car.

nick

merkurman

posted on 20/4/03 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
did a little more hunting and found another version of the same file with a a couple more detailed IRS drawings and a second rear upright design. so I am starting to collect enough I think to form my own set of drawings soon

nick

elewayne

posted on 22/4/03 at 05:09 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, Just a thought.
Be careful welding up that chassis beore you decide on the drive train.
I found that got me into trouble.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.