Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx9 sprocket
Ben 4x4 Shepperd

posted on 21/4/03 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
zx9 sprocket

I need to remove the sprocket from my zx9r (c2) to put on the mk adaptor and I can't get it off. any help would be much appriecited as I go back to skool tomorrow and after that I'm not allowed near the car till after the GCSEs also need to mod the prop shaft taken it fully apart but don't know what to do next.
Cheers,
Ben

Jasper

posted on 21/4/03 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I had to get mine taken off by a man with an airgun, just on too tight and it's a strange shape nut.

From front to back mine is sprocket adapter, UJ, splined slider, UJ, centre bearing, rear UJ onto diff. Get Autoprop out near Crowborough to shorten it for you and weld on the splined slider.

highspeeddirt

posted on 21/4/03 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
If this isn't too late to be any help this is how I did it.

First, I locked the sprocket with a piece of ali between the teeth and the engine to hold it still, then I spent 3 hours with a three foot breaker bar and various sockets on different parts of the nut trying to loosen the thing while I stood on the engine to stop it going all over the garage floor. Finally after rounding off all the corners on the nut mild panic set in. I then put an open ended spanner, 5/8" AF I think, on the square end of the nut that the sensor uses to read the speed and hit it with a club hammer, two minutes later the nut was loose.

Steve

Ninja

posted on 22/4/03 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
I had a similar problem, the material seems to be very soft, using a standard socket just rounded off the corners. I bought a deep impact socket which is a true full hexagon. After locking the sprocket it then came off easily.
Ben 4x4 Shepperd

posted on 22/4/03 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys in the end I just put it in gear used an open ended spanner and a club hammer and with 4 or 5 bashes it loosened
Thanks for all the advice
Ben

Rorty

posted on 23/4/03 at 03:48 AM Reply With Quote
Ben 4x4 Shepperd:
quote:

I just put it in gear used an open ended spanner and a club hammer and with 4 or 5 bashes it loosened

It's good to see you have nothing but the highest respect for the internals of your gear box!

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.