Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bright 6 Module Warning Lamps
Michael

posted on 10/6/06 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Bright 6 Module Warning Lamps

Im interested in fitting a Bright 6 Module.

As im restricted for room above the steering column i got in touch with the company who make them who gladly gave me the information about the size including the PCB at the rear of the unit, but just wonder if any one has a photo of theres fitted in the dash as even though they are birght they arent that bright.

Thanks

piddy

posted on 10/6/06 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
They are very low indead probaly about 15MM high.
James

posted on 10/6/06 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael
Im interested in fitting a Bright 6 Module.

As im restricted for room above the steering column i got in touch with the company who make them who gladly gave me the information about the size including the PCB at the rear of the unit, but just wonder if any one has a photo of theres fitted in the dash as even though they are birght they arent that bright.

Thanks

To be honest there was a discussion on here about how they were too bright.

People were looking at fitting resistors and the like to turn down the brightness.

So I don't think you need to worry about it too much!

HTH,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

David Jenkins

posted on 10/6/06 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
As said - they are very bright - I went out this afternoon in full sunshine, and could very clearly see the symbols. I fitted a resistor in circuit so that I could see the road at night when the full beam warning was lit!

David

bigrich

posted on 10/6/06 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
i have never found the brightness a problem on my bright 6 and has been 100% reliable Rescued attachment bright6.jpg
Rescued attachment bright6.jpg

esn163

posted on 11/6/06 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

We had no problems with fitting ours, to give the wires more clearence on the scuttle, we just dremeled out a U shape above where the PCB fits. Also no problems with brightnes.

HTH

Ed

Indy Build Photos
** Build pages **
Photo Bucket Pics

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Michael

posted on 11/6/06 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
They do look good.

I made up a mock of the module today, out of wood and hardboard. It fits quite well too behind the dash. Even made up a template of Fashia Panel to stick to dash.

Spent rest of the day making bracket to support lower steering cowling.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.