Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Q-plate again - letter from DVLA
gingerprince

posted on 16/6/06 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Q-plate again - letter from DVLA

I wrote a letter a couple of months ago to the DVLA to get them to rectify the "require MOT" thing on the tax renewals.

Got a reply back today: -

"I can inform you that Q plated kit built vehicles are testable on a yearly basis. The MOT is therefore required from 1 January 2006".

So another confirmation in writing that it needs one every year On my V5 it says build from parts some of which may not be new.

joneh

posted on 16/6/06 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
What an arse. So if you get an age related plate you dont need an MOT for 3 years? I don't see how it makes any difference?

shortie

posted on 16/6/06 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Well I can confirm they are talking B***ocks

Mines a Q plate and didn't require an MOT when I renewed the tax.

Rich.

bigrich

posted on 16/6/06 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
i agree with shortie its a load of b------s, registration letter makes no difference to when mot is req it is always 3 years after registration i have just had thisproblem myself and was re issued with a new log book and rembursed my test fee by dvla may be worth a letter to dvla
check the date of first use on your log book it should be the same as registared new mine was 2005 for one bit and 1992 for the other so req mot at 12 months this is now 2005 for both bits on my new log book so no mot till 2008

[Edited on 16/6/06 by bigrich]

MAB

posted on 16/6/06 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is an Age related but I spoke to both the DVLA and then to Vehicle & Operator Services Agency (VOSA)

VOSA then sent me an email to confirm an MOT is not required for 3 years. Their exact words were:

" Our understanding of the effect of the regulations is that by virtue of the wording in section 47(2) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 you would not be required to have an MOT until 3 years after the date of the SVA."

Mark

jonbeedle

posted on 17/6/06 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
You don't pigging well need one. I have a letter from the head woman at Swansea saying so! And I intend to wave it under the nose of the person at the local DVLA office when I go to get my car registered! Write to her and quote the letter they sent me (Mr J Beedle) on 24th March 2006, ref: VPG 2/1/12

Rhion Richards
DVLA
Vehicle policy group
Longview Road
Swansea
SA6 7JL

She is the personal assistant to the main man I think.
Let me know how you get on.
Cheers
Jon

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 20/6/06 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
I renewed my tax end of May. Tried online but got bombed out saying MOT required (even though SVA was only 6 months before). Contacted Kelly at Stockton DVLA. Sent my forms to her, she issued my tax very quickly and sent V5 to Swansea to get it changed.

Mine is on age related but dont see how that makes a difference.

cryoman1965

posted on 20/6/06 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Got my paper work today for Registration.
On the Kit Car Document Checklistit says in Note 1
VOSA and Vehicle Standards Engineering(VSE) state that when a kit is first registered under an age related mark after a SVA test, no MOT is needed until 3 yrs after that date, irrespective of whether the vehicle is built of mainly used parts. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO Q MARKS.

This document was revised on 08/04
Cheers Nige

[Edited on 20/6/06 by cryoman1965]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.