Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: luego owners club ?
andybod

posted on 6/7/06 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
luego owners club ?

do we have anymore info on luego owners club when luego went bust we all said yep lets get something going but after newark and the re birth of luego it doesn't seem to have been mentioned i realise people are busy working and building but it would be good if we could get something a little more official or have i just missed something and i could do with a little insperation at the minute

[Edited on 6/7/06 by andybod]

wilkingj

posted on 6/7/06 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
I believe, its an Informal club, centred on this forum. If you want to run a "local meet" then post it up here. I dont think there are enough to make a formal club. however, who knows what the future holds. Namely we are spread a bit too thinly to have local clubs / sections.

Thats fine by me.. I will go wherever, and whenever. If its too far or I am otherwise engaged I dont go!

I dont know the best way forward, but this was what was discussed at Newark. We had about 20 ish people there, and it was a good social affair. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I certainly did.
The sprit of a virtual club seems to be alive and well. I expect the next major meet up will be Harrogate then Donnington. I cant make Harrogate, but should make Donny.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kitcarkris

posted on 7/7/06 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
i agree with geoff, making it a formal club involves a lot of time for somone or a few inderviduals who are going to run it, there are many aspects of a club that would just take way too much time as many of us are too busy,

i am off to spain next week (With the Luego Velocity!!!) but once back would like to try and organise a meet (maybe a pub) and possible a small drive around some country roads??? I am going to aim this at the centre of the country (well near birmingham) as all luego owners are from different parts of the country and would like as many as possible to attend, other that this it would be good if anyone else had ideas, else i will try and get to harrogate.

Regarding donny, i have spoken to Which Kit and we previsionaly have space for upto 15 kitcars on a stand, i can make this more nearer the time if a big interest. otherwise i will speak once back from spai and hope my car holds out

Kris

jollygreengiant

posted on 7/7/06 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kitcarkris
i agree with geoff, making it a formal club involves a lot of time for somone or a few inderviduals who are going to run it, there are many aspects of a club that would just take way too much time as many of us are too busy,

i am off to spain next week (With the Luego Velocity!!!) but once back would like to try and organise a meet (maybe a pub) and possible a small drive around some country roads??? I am going to aim this at the centre of the country (well near birmingham) as all luego owners are from different parts of the country and would like as many as possible to attend, other that this it would be good if anyone else had ideas, else i will try and get to harrogate.

Regarding donny, i have spoken to Which Kit and we previsionaly have space for upto 15 kitcars on a stand, i can make this more nearer the time if a big interest. otherwise i will speak once back from spai and hope my car holds out

Kris

All sounds good to me. As regards Donni, I presume that I should bring Gazebo again. But the fine details can be talked about closer to the event. Must get back in Garage now.

Build build build build build............

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

chrisj

posted on 7/7/06 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Regarding Donny No worries I will be their given permission from events management.

What about crashing the local kit car events in the meantime. Given a fair wind the East Anglia Tiger are meeting on Tueasday (www.eatoc.org.uk) just outside of Huntingdon and theirs other opportunities with piston head east anglia (www.phea.co.uk).

andybod

posted on 16/7/06 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
that'll be fine by me then i'll gate crash the gazebo at donny don't think i'll make it in the velocity build going slower than hoped at minute and a pub run would be good if people up for it
Dave J

posted on 25/7/06 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Count me in at Donnington Kris.
Mechanicals permitting, I should be in the Viento.

Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.