Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fireblade problems after sitting
mak

posted on 27/7/06 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Fireblade problems after sitting

Hello, its been a while since I've posted on here, got back to my custom fireblade powered build today, its been sitting for a while.

Anyway, when I turn the ignition on the fuel pump starts, but doesn't stop, there's plenty of fuel, no leaks...etc. Engine will start, but doesn't run very smoothly.

Also the water temperature seems to be climbing much slower then it used to, the reading it gives can't be right as the engine will be too hot to touch, and the guage still shows cold.

Any ideas? cheers,

Mark

shortie

posted on 27/7/06 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
I would say the water problem sounds like it could be a stuck thermostat.

not sure about the fuel pump, I seem to remember mine pumps alot sometimes, maybe the carbs need balancing if it's running a bit lumpy.

Rich.

esn163

posted on 27/7/06 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Not sure if this wil help but if you are running a carbed blade, we had the same fuel problem and found it in our case to be caused by the carbs allowing fuel to escape through the breather pipe due to them not closing properly and pressurisingand so the fuel pump kept on pumping. You may not notice the fuel escaping if you have connected the breather to a filter / airbox as it was origionally connected on the bike. If this is the case, all we had to do was simply drain the float bowls using the drain screws on the bottom of each to get the rubbish out. After doing this they seemed to pressurise and the pump then shut off.

HTH

Ed

[Edited on 27/7/06 by esn163]

Indy Build Photos
** Build pages **
Photo Bucket Pics

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Toady1

posted on 27/7/06 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
a friend of mine used to have a similar problem on his 893 blade bike after it had been sitting around for a while. He said it turned out to be old fuel crystlising in the carbs. He had to strip the carbs down clean them out and re-balance them, after that it ran fine. Just fort id tell you this as a possibility!
mak

posted on 27/7/06 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hasn't been standing too long, right i've drained the carbs, and now remembered the next little glitch. The ignition won't turn on when off for about half an hour, but go to it the next day and it works fine? very strange.
Anyway when it lets me turn it on again i'll see if draining has done the trick.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.