Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fireblade turbo?
d8mok

posted on 3/9/06 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
fireblade turbo?

hi,

i've got a stuart taylor locoblade using a fireblade on carbs and i'm considering turbo converting it. I'm thinking about holeshots conversion. R they any good? and how much bhp? will it make it unreliable??

cheers

Hellfire

posted on 3/9/06 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Engine would probably be ok - gearbox is another matter. With it being the carbed version it sounds as though you could be asking a little too much from an older engine.

stev

d8mok

posted on 3/9/06 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
right ok so would it be a idea to upgrade the box or shall i just not bother and be happy with it how it is? Its starting to sound expensive.
ChrisGamlin

posted on 3/9/06 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
It will be expensive and IMHO the blade really isnt strong enough in the gearbox/clutch department to consider turbo-ing it in a car. Have a search on here for several other turbo threads in recent months to get an idea of the costs etc, but you're looking at ~£4k minimum for a Holeshot conversion Id think for maybe ~180-200bhp, so for that expenditure you'd be far better off doing a straight Busa / ZX12 conversion that will be much more reliable and cheaper.

Hellfire

posted on 3/9/06 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
You could consider NOS...

mb893

posted on 3/9/06 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Can be done, I've done it... However it is not an inexpensive upgrade and is not straight forward to do... But, the gearbox can indeed take the pain, as can the engine (on carbs).

Best advice is: If you fancy the challenge and want something a tad different.. fine, if not - R1/Busa.

Have a look at my build site: Http://www.best-guess.co.uk/westfield_turboblade

jc

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.