Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Electric MK Indy...
Winston Todge

posted on 11/10/06 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Electric MK Indy...

Anyone got any pics of the new electric MK?

Saw it on totalkitcar.com...

Just curious as to what motors they used and the drivetrain?

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ruudbeckers

posted on 11/10/06 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
You could contact Luc Haselier. He is the importer of MK in the Netherlands and he is the one who build the car. His website is www.haselier.nl.
dilley

posted on 11/10/06 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
I was only talking to my father inlaw a month ago about electric power, he builds and reconditions huge motors so hes got the know how.
lococost

posted on 12/10/06 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I talked to the guy making the car at haseliers open days this summer. It was a project sponsored by his company to showcase the possebilities of electric drives. I think the engine had 90hp, they were suspecting the weight to be slightly high, about 700kg, due to the batteries in the back of course.

The main problem they were facing was the enormous torque the engine produced, think it was somwhere around 300Nm at 1RPM A torque limiter would come in handy.

The car was backed up completely by Haselier so it should be good quality. Dont know at what stage they're at right now though.

Some pics I took:

DIY Si

posted on 12/10/06 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
I bet you could get near perfect weight distribution with those batteries though. They could probably go where ever you wanted.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

StevenB

posted on 12/10/06 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Heres some pics I took at the Dublin show Rescued attachment DUblin Kit Car Show 270806 - 009-1.jpg
Rescued attachment DUblin Kit Car Show 270806 - 009-1.jpg

StevenB

posted on 12/10/06 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
and another Rescued attachment DUblin Kit Car Show 270806 - 010-1.jpg
Rescued attachment DUblin Kit Car Show 270806 - 010-1.jpg

El Frodo

posted on 8/11/06 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Winston Todge
Anyone got any pics of the new electric MK?

Saw it on totalkitcar.com...

Just curious as to what motors they used and the drivetrain?

Chris.

Dear Chris,

I'm working at the company that build this very funny Indy. We are the neighbours of Luc Haselier, the Dutch importer of MK. It is very nice to drive this car. No gears, no sound. Unfortunately the pleasure is gone after about 30km's, because the batteries run flat.
Drivetrain:
-28 x 12V motorcycle lead-acid batteries
-Siemens DC/AC invertor
-Siemens a-syncronious motor 50kW nominal / 80kW burst and 260Nm torque
-on board charger
-no gears, motor directly connected to the drive shaft.

Future:
-100 Li-Po batteries (quite expensive though)
-new invertor developed by ourselves
-same Siemens motor but now with around 60kW nominal / 100kW burst amd 260Nm torque
-battery management system developed by ourselves

Feel free to ask for more details.

Best regards,

Godfried

greggors84

posted on 8/11/06 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
What sort of speed will it do without any gears?

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

El Frodo

posted on 8/11/06 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Speed

Hello Chris,

I didn't tell you we are using the Sierra diff. (3,92 ratio). At the start (low rev's)we have a little shortage of torque but because we don't have to shift at all, the acceleration still is very acceptable.

The car will, as it is now, do around 180 km's/h, we expect (on the 80kW peak power).

We have just received the SVA papers and will apply for a Dutch road licence on Friday. After receiving our Dutch licence plate, we will soon be on the autobahn in Germany. Í'll keep you posted.

In the further future (step 3), we will also change the motor to a bigger one. The invertor we are developing can deliver 200kW!! It'll be fun to use all this power. However, we'll go step by step.

Brg, Godfried

jacko

posted on 19/6/23 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Very old post but I was wondering what happened to thei project I was at mk when they took the car back in a merc sprinter
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 20/6/23 at 05:05 AM Reply With Quote
There's a 2011 factory built electric Westfield that's been a long term resident in the local car museum for a very long time. Its range was 100 miles with a top speed of 100mph, o - 60 was 7 seconds so really quite sensible performance. Not sure why its just sat there for so many years, maybe the batteries are worn out as it was apparently a well used test mule.

It amuses me when people say EV's don't make any noise, actually they can be quite loud especially when accelerating. As for too much torque, with our Leaf you can very clearly hear and feel different parts of the motor being activated as you build up speed so it does not all come on at once from a standstill. This is probably much kinder on the transmission and less likely to put you in a ditch.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.