Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Photo Request
Colnago_Man

posted on 13/10/06 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
Photo Request

Hello

Does any one have any pictures of a Vortex in Red, and pictures of the new Windscreen on a car (of any colour)?

Also has anyone fitted a spare wheel carrier to the back of their Vortex?

Trying to decide which options to take with my kit at the moment....

Many Thanks

[Edited on 13/10/06 by Colnago_Man]

smart51

posted on 13/10/06 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
I think I've seen a red one but they are rare. Orange seems to be the most popular colour.

As for windscreens, I seen the buck but I don't know if any production screens have been made, let alone fitted. You might be out of luck with photos.

Agriv8

posted on 13/10/06 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
closest picture of a red one I can find would be chris's have a look arround his build site.

chris's vortx

the screen is still under development if you email chris at mnr I am sure he will be able to give you an update. Or Marc will post an update

RE the spare wheel most people carry a can of Tyre Mouse if that dosn't work call out the recovery people .

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

fishywick

posted on 13/10/06 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, I'm not really answering your question but I'm in the lakes too. If you are still trying to deceide what to buy give me a ring. I have had different kit cars and mates with them. u2u sent.
Steve

Dillinger1977

posted on 13/10/06 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
there is a completely red one knocking about, I had a ride in it at the oulton park trackday. A very nice finish i seem to remember. I've got photos at home somewhere so i'll see if I can dig any out.

-Rog

TimC

posted on 13/10/06 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, there's one guy (Airline Pilot if memory serves me right) who has a fully caged ZX12 engined car. He apparetly uses it to blast around the Nurburgring.

It was at MNR when I was there. E-mail Chris and see if he can send you a photo.

marc n

posted on 13/10/06 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

there is a completely red one knocking about, I had a ride in it at the oulton park trackday. A very nice finish i seem to remember. I've got photos at home somewhere so i'll see if I can dig any out.

yep that was richard hills car very nicely built, he sold it at the show and is now building a busa powered vortx

russels car is a zx12 wuith full cage etc forgot to take pics of it last week when it was here

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 13/10/06 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
next years racecars are going red and black

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
clutch_kick

posted on 14/10/06 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
yeah .. I'm interested in the red clour too. If I do descide to go for the Alfa engine it will have to be a mixture of red and black for sure.

Although i'm not too keen on it the Windscreen sounds like a sensible option to avoid debris flying into your face.

RogerL

posted on 15/10/06 at 05:49 AM Reply With Quote
I am building Red Vortx RT+

I am building a Vortx RT+ with Red Body.
Color is RAL 3002. I like the bright red color.
I will post some pictures.

Winston Todge

posted on 16/10/06 at 05:07 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah, mines that RAL 3002 and damn nice it is too! Very pleased with how it turned out. And I think the black tub maks it look a little lower somehow... Maybe that's just me...

This is a photoshopped (from chocky) version of Ian's V8 VortX with the final colouring...

I may even slightly offset the bulge and stripe and may opt for two instead of the one.

All in all the red cetainly looks the biz in my book but may have gone for a black carbon inlay on the arches similar to Marc's orange RT if I had the spare cash!

-

Chris.

marc n

posted on 16/10/06 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
nearly there chris

orange car is now for sale now my racecar is registered seems a bit greedy having three cars to play with

best regards

marc

Winston Todge

posted on 17/10/06 at 05:27 AM Reply With Quote
Ta Marc,

Am seriously enjoying all the touching up at the end of the build. Just spending ages in the garage getting a bracket correct or the routing of a cable. Still waiting for the first startup though. Should be at the end of the week!

Will get some more pictures up on the site soon as that piccie above is about 3 months old!!

Chris.

alex9

posted on 20/10/06 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Red vortex at Oulton

First go at posting pics....hope it works!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.