Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine number on ZETEC
timex

posted on 17/10/06 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Engine number on ZETEC

Is it ok to restamp an engine number onto a zetec because it is berly possible to read as it is so coroded? will i have any isuse at SVA?
dozracing

posted on 17/10/06 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
You have to prove the age of the engine for SVA, and to check this they have a computer list of Ford engine numbers.

Your engine number will have to stack up, also at registration you'll have to quote the engine number and it will have to be genuine to pass their checks.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
timex

posted on 17/10/06 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
we have got the number on the paper work but you can only make out one of the numbers on the engine! would it not be possible to restamp the genuine number that is on the paper work back onto the engine?
mad4x4

posted on 17/10/06 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
The SVA inspector said to me he would have re stamped mine as it was difficult to see.

Can't see the harm in restamping a genuine number onto the block that is supposed to have that genuine number.

Dusty

posted on 17/10/06 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Go for it. It can't be a crime to clarify a genuine number otherwise you wouldn't be able to brush it, sand the rust off or pick it out with contrasting paint either. Note the number on my spare blacktop engine looks as if it was done freehand with a centre punch
rusty nuts

posted on 17/10/06 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Before you restamp try cleaning the stamped area with emery cloth, sometimes it shows up better
timex

posted on 17/10/06 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
I have already tryed sanding it but its still impossible to read! cant even see any of the other numbers and letters at all. Do you think it would be ok to clean thet face up and compleatly restamp the genuine numbers with my own stamps?
coozer

posted on 17/10/06 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
When dealers get new engines from Ford they dont have numbers on them. The dealer stamps the old engine number on the new engine before installing it.

The number on mine looks like who ever stamped it was pi55ed the night before!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

timex

posted on 17/10/06 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
so you think i should clean that face of and stamp it up again. will the inspector not think that its a bit dodgy?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.