Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Got that motor started! 8D...
Winston Todge

posted on 22/10/06 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Got that motor started! 8D...

Woohoo!

Well that's the next major hurdle over! Had a fiddle yesterday and realised there's nothing that's really stopping me from firing it up.

So after a few teething problems like trying to find the starter switch wires with slightly different colour codes. It fired up first time! Sounds awesome too!

The other thng that stumped me for awhile was the fact that I didn't connect up the pick up sensor to the ECU, so obviously no spark! Idiot...

Movie to follow once I get it uploaded! 8D

Now time to get started on the final parts of the build!

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cryoman1965

posted on 22/10/06 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
Well done.
A real mile stone in the build. Its all down hill from here.

Cheers Nige

tomwalter

posted on 22/10/06 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Chris! Great news.
Coming down tomorrow to check it out.
cu
pa

chockymonster

posted on 22/10/06 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one Chris.
It is a great feeling when it roars into life.
Now things get really fiddly.
I can nearly drive mine

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 22/10/06 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
yep wont be lon till first test drive

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Winston Todge

posted on 22/10/06 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Well it drove up and down my garage perfectly!!

The adjustable length clutch arm and twin springs has really made it very easy to pull away. Not one stall yet!

Brakes seem to work; well from crawling pace anyway!

Just need a few more little things like lights, fuel sender, harnesses, remote oil sender hose and a bonnet bulge of some sort! I'm really going to try to get the standard airbox under too... I worked out I could get away with a 65mm bulge to cover it up with a few mods.

Then it's just tidying up! And theres a lot of it too... I've got to cut down the R1 loom and sort out the dash aswell.

Actually probably still about two to three months building left! I love it though!

Chris.

Agriv8

posted on 23/10/06 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Well done that Man.

Get cracking and you can replace the picture of a "boat anchor power" with a picture of the real thing

Sounds like your on the home strait .

REgards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

chockymonster

posted on 23/10/06 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8

Why is it the home straight seems to take longer than the rest of the build?

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

Agriv8

posted on 23/10/06 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster
quote:

Why is it the home straight seems to take longer than the rest of the build?

because all the bits you have put off durring the build end up there. Also all those fiddily finishing bits worth it in the end though rather than bodging it !!!

Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

chockymonster

posted on 23/10/06 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
because all the bits you have put off durring the build end up there. Also all those fiddily finishing bits worth it in the end though rather than bodging it !!!

Ah, so that explains why the floor got covered in brake fluid.

Agriv8

posted on 23/10/06 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Mmmmm Me too.

Dot 5.1 sorts my dandruff out no problems

V8 EFI wiring was my bug bair Must have taken 2 weeks of evening and weekends.
The answer is always simple when you know it

The Pain of problems encountered soon heal including skinned knuckles, scrapes and gashes.

Trust me you'll be board when its finished I am, thats why i am building engine 2 shimming rocker post tonight to set tappet pre-load ( now theres a ball ache of a Job !!! ).

Regards

Agriv8

marc n

posted on 23/10/06 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
ian your clutch bits have finally arived
they are in the workshop

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Agriv8

posted on 23/10/06 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks marc.

Mental note make sure wife doeas not see credit card bill for a next few months.

Regards

Agriv8

chockymonster

posted on 23/10/06 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Thanks marc.

Mental note make sure wife doeas not see credit card bill for a next few months.

Regards

Agriv8

LOL!! Count yourself lucky that she doesn't get the CC bill before I do and has created a "Car build project" in the household accounts software.

Is the boredom factor why I'm already investigate superchargers?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.