Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stub manifold for bike TBs.
chriscook

posted on 23/10/06 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Stub manifold for bike TBs.

Evening all,

Does anyone know anywhere that sells stub manifolds that I can use between a webber/dellorto type manifold and bike throttle bodies (via the usual rubber/silicone hose)?

I currently have carbs and plan on doing the swap to injection over the winter and don't want to go the effort of making some if I can get them off the shelf for a resonable price. I've seen them one here or another kit car list but can't remember which one.

Thanks,
Chris

wilkingj

posted on 26/10/06 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
I thought about this as well.. however, my Tb's are 75mm pitch and Webber pitch is about 90mm between the bores.

Its in the drawings section on www.jenvey.co.uk
Thats the bolt holes and venturi centres for TB's that will fit a webber manifold.
I suppose it depends on what bike TB's you have.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chriscook

posted on 26/10/06 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
I've got GSXR bodies so I will respace them to match the manifold.
chriscook

posted on 26/10/06 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
What i'm after is 4 of these with appropriate taper and whatever to match the diameters at each end (apologies for the quick and dirty sketch):

[Edited on 26/10/06 by chriscook] Rescued attachment Scan1.JPG
Rescued attachment Scan1.JPG

NS Dev

posted on 27/10/06 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
if its to go on the XE engine I may be able to knock you up a manifold to mount the bike bodies straight to the XE without the weber manifold at all.

You'd need to get hold of a bit of ally tube to make the runners from (of a weldable grade), can then weld them to a modded std injection inlet manifold (cut down from a std GM one)

[Edited on 27/10/06 by NS Dev]

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

nre

posted on 30/10/06 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris,

Nev Powell on the Sylva list can do these, give him a shout.

Cheers!

Neil

Sylva Mojo Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

JPSC Forum - A dedicated forum for discussion on all things relating to Jeremy Phillips designed cars
Including the Star, Leader, Striker, Phoenix, Fury, Jester, Stylus, Mojo, Riot, J15 & Vectis

chriscook

posted on 30/10/06 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Ah its Neville Powell I was thinking of - i'll get in touch with him. Thanks Neil.

Nat - cheers for the offer. It has crossed my mind before but I don't have a std manifold knocking around anywhere - I dare say you've got a few.... I'll see if I can spot anything at work ali tube wise - scrap often comes in any size We should meet up sometime to size up thew job and kick tyres anyway.

Ta,
Chris

NS Dev

posted on 31/10/06 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
yes, we should do really!!!

I do have a few manifolds around, have one already cut and milled level, plus a couple not attacked yet!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

chriscook

posted on 31/10/06 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Send me a u2u if you're about at the weekend.

Although having said that from sat mid-afternoon I probably won't be. GFs mothers birthday on sunday so going to visit saturday-sunday.

[Edited on 31/10/06 by chriscook]

chriscook

posted on 11/11/06 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
I have a very vague idea of a plan which may enable me to get some stubs made cheaply. If I can would anyone be interested in a set? Not sure how much they would cost but if i can pull it off they should be cheap.
phongshader

posted on 17/11/06 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
I'm definitely interested depending on price and your willingness to ship to the US

wilkingj

posted on 17/11/06 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
I have thought along these lines. however, Consider selling the Webbers and manifold, and making up a plate with stub pipes to replace the webber manifold.

It could work out cheaper. A pair of Webbers and Manifold (depending what its for) could fetch enough cash to make it worthwhile.

All you probably need is a Flat plate 10mm ally with holes to match the ports and bolt holes (get spacings etc from a gasket).
The weld on some stip pipes. 2" all scaffold pole is 39mm ID and 46mm OD, and readily available. Thats what I am hoping to do.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Doofus

posted on 18/11/06 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Are these any use to anybody?

Description
Description

I had a spare set made when I put GSXR750 bodies on my pinto. I did over 1000 miles and a track day with them and they worked fine. I've got allen UNC bolts to replace the studs too to make a nice install. And some gasket paper left over for a good seal. Take a look in my photo archive for a pic of them on the engine.

Paul

Ian Pearson

posted on 18/11/06 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
I've U2U'd you Paul.
Doofus

posted on 18/11/06 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Reply Sent =)
chriscook

posted on 19/11/06 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Still looking at different options at the moment - not decided on one route or the other as yet.

I may be able to get the stubs made really cheap in the next couple of weeks - depending on if there is the opportunity during a work trip and how willing my customer is to help me out. Using them means I don't have to do any re-plumbing and have a convenient IAT sensor hole.

I've yet to look at the std manifold to see what work that route would entail...

birt

posted on 21/11/06 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hmm, what have you got up your sleeve Boyo?

Sorted a garage out today so might have get her shipped v soon..

birt

posted on 21/11/06 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
Meant to say, check out the latest addition to the photo archive. I'll race you when you get here...
chriscook

posted on 21/11/06 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Mint! - About the garage and the road
New Playground for the Phoenix
New Playground for the Phoenix

Sent you an email..

[Edited on 21/11/06 by chriscook]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.