Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ASBO...WOW...I really want one of those..
tegwin

posted on 2/11/06 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
ASBO...WOW...I really want one of those..

OH. ...WTF....Does anyone else think that its crazy that the damn pikeys actualy think its cool to get an asbo

Have I missed something....

ch1ll1

posted on 2/11/06 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
why is that !

its the last thing i want or need

smart51

posted on 2/11/06 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
That's what our country's like now. Sad isn't it.
ch1ll1

posted on 2/11/06 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
i know we all lose it some times ,
but would you shout about getting an ASBO?

Confused but excited.

posted on 2/11/06 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Amongst the intellectually challenged it is a status symbol, like the 'wanted' posters of days gone by.
Unfortunately these days you can't shoot the little b'stards on sight!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

phelpsa

posted on 2/11/06 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
In Newbury one of the kids who likes to cause trouble (tried to mug me.... twice! pillock) went a stage too far and ended up in juvenile prison. NOW whos big?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 2/11/06 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
As im sure everyone will agree, the justice system needs serious reforms. However, people often knock asbos, but i think they are actually a very good idea. There are lots of things that are very antisocial but arent specifically illegal - asbos can make them illegal. Ie Im quite confident that i could stand outside someones house at 3am and wake them up without breaking any laws, however this is clearly unacceptable behaviour. An asbo could make it a more serious offense to continue doing this, with more serious consequenses. Its just a shame that those more 'serious' consequences usually involve a cushty room and a PS2.
spunky

posted on 3/11/06 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
I'm surprised any of you are actually surprised that an ASBO is seen as a status symbol. Nottingham was the first county to start issuing them and I was quite vocal at the time that it's like giving these morons a certificate of merit. Recognising their achievement as an antisocial person. Thats what they want to be, thats how their heirarchy is managed and how they gain respect from their peers.

My personal solution (come the revolution unfortunately) is to birch the little scrotes.
Tie them to the bear post in the town market place, strip the shirt, call their name out and what they have done and give them the appropriate lashes.
Humiliation is the only deterrent for them.

But as a teacher can no longer tell an disruptive pupil to stand at the front of the class, for fear of undermining his confidence, infringing his human rights or, God forbid, embarrassing him Three lashes for the kid that just jumped up and down on your car roof, is unlikely to happen.

John

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

Confused but excited.

posted on 3/11/06 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Bring back the stocks.
You can't claim 'street cred', when everyone is pishing themselves laughing at you!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Browser

posted on 3/11/06 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
Bring back the stocks.
You can't claim 'street cred', when everyone is pishing themselves laughing at you!

When everyone's pishing on you you mean! I'd like to read a comtemporary account (if any exist) of what happened to an average person in their day in the stocks
On the subject of the thread, no it doesn't suprise me, it's the only certificate most of the holders' are likely ever to get!

JackNco

posted on 3/11/06 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
i missed the cane by a fine line i think, im 22 so i dont think i missed it by far. but i can remember in infants school some of the kids getting it with a ruler, and in retrospect, ide have preferred it was still in place. with some control of course, like a staff meeting to decide if it was appropriate.

Im sure i would have done better in my GCSEs and not have spent 4 years in college getting thegrades to get in to uni.

Im sure that it all stems back to kids getting away with 2 much. and as for confidence, im sure it woudl have improved it rather than hurt it being made to stand up in front of a class.

I used to be quite shy but after working in jobs where i had to take to large groups of people i have no problems with it. if anytihng it IMPROVES confidnce!

Rant over
John

Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun.
O'Rourke, P.J. (1989), Holidays in hell. London (Picador)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 3/11/06 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
spare the cane and spoil the child...
Simon

posted on 3/11/06 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
I'm all with bringing back stocks - but I wouldn't do it for a day - I'd go for a month, with no release for sleep or leak.

That will ensure they NEVER want to go back!!!

But then, being a woolly liberal, I'd also like the rope brought back (not the humane way, more the iranian way!), Cat o'nt etc etc.

ATB

Simon

mistergrumpy

posted on 3/11/06 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

In Newbury one of the kids who likes to cause trouble (tried to mug me.... twice! pillock) went a stage too far and ended up in juvenile prison. NOW whos big?

His shower mate? Ah yes, keep it coming. If thats what it takes to teach them then keep it coming. Oh is this your soaaaaaaaappppppppp!!!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.