Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pre-mature celebration!
02GF74

posted on 3/11/06 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
pre-mature celebration!

ouch
russbost

posted on 3/11/06 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
One lucky man! Don't fancy trying that myself

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
meany

posted on 3/11/06 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
yep seen it before.
on the IOM TT, cant remember which year.

trust a Yank narrater to try and sensationalise it.

everyone should atleast exprience th TT course once in their life, on bike or in car,
i just love the place.

got it on incar-camera aswell.

RazMan

posted on 3/11/06 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by meany
everyone should atleast exprience th TT course once in their life, on bike or in car,
i just love the place.

Second that - In 1980 I did a few laps on my Bonneville T140 complete with my 2 year old little lad in the sidecar. .... lifting the sidecar wheel over Ballaugh Bridge!

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BusaLoco

posted on 3/11/06 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
Brush with Death

Thanks for sharing that with me!

donut

posted on 3/11/06 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thats one of MANY MANY reasons i don't ride a bike!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StevieB

posted on 3/11/06 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
It's the only reason I've got (half) a locost and not a bike - I'm not afraid of the crashing bit, but I am concerned about my lack of will power to not go too fast too many times on the road (have power, will speed!).

Of course, all of the above is a load of old b******s - the wife said no and meant it!

donut

posted on 4/11/06 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
When i was a kid all i wanted was a motorbike, and i mean wanted one deep in my soul type thing, almost obsession.

Later in life my brother bought a 50cc moped and i thought i would borrow it to pop down the shops.

SCARED the hell out of me and have been put off ever since.

Still love the design of race and OCC bikes but would never have one. Mind you i tried another 50cc moped at the Top Gear show a few years ago and that was ok. Probably ok cos i was on a small track rather than the road.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

Deckman001

posted on 4/11/06 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've been to the IoM TT only watching though Mad sunday was interesting over the mountain though, me on an RG500 and others on FZR1000's !! he he he oh, I forgot I was two up and they were 1 up , shame they virtually stopped at Windy corner and forced me to go straight on !! any one care to guess/or know what was on the outside of Windy Corner ?? Was very funny though

Jason

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.