Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Justice? (Excuse for a rant) ;)
RoadkillUK

posted on 3/11/06 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Justice? (Excuse for a rant) ;)

Justice my arse.

My house was burgled 6 weeks ago and I got a good picture of him on the CCTV in the kitchen (I use it to watch the fridge, don't ask). To cut a long story short, the lad was identified within 1 hour and was arrested the next day, he admitted the burglary and has been .... warned.
I didn't get any of my property back.

Meanwhile, I have been told that my insurance company won't pay out because the bathroom window was left open.

So next time, I'll not bother phoning the police I reckon.

Whilst I'm ranting ... I was on the M62 the other day and lost a 'box' I was carrying so I pull over and phone the police to let them know and for them to clear the road. Next thing, I get 3 points and a fixed penalty.

So next time, I'll not bother phoning the police I reckon.

/me grumbles off into the corner.

[Edited on 3/11/06 by RoadkillUK]

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 3/11/06 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
bastards... useless twats.
mistergrumpy

posted on 3/11/06 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with you mate as I'd certainly think twice about phoning the police and ...well not to put it in too much light. I start working for them in 3 weeks! I'm sorry though, I had to laugh at this:

quote:

I use it to watch the fridge

Brilliant!! I won't ask but it sounds great

UncleFista

posted on 3/11/06 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
And don't forget the cnut that hit the car, wasn't insured etc., that's gotta come out of our pocket too

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

James

posted on 3/11/06 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'll word this carefully....

One might be tempted to track down one's fridge visitor.

A few carefully selected words by some large friends might encourage said visitor to move away from his forthcoming life of crime.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

DIY Si

posted on 3/11/06 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Just get James to do it. He's good at kicking people. And his missus too. Then you get the pleasure of getting him beaten up by a girl!
Not that I condone violence of any kind to these miserable theiving little useless muppets.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

JackNco

posted on 3/11/06 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
so they caught him n didnt charge him or get him to pay for the stolen items?

Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun.
O'Rourke, P.J. (1989), Holidays in hell. London (Picador)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
UncleFista

posted on 3/11/06 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
He's a 17 yr old scrote, he'll have told 'em he didn't get a bike for his 6th Birthday or summat and that it's not his fault he's a theiving pikey twat.
Cue the social-workers and hey-presto, a verbal warning from a PC and out in time to burgle a couple of houses before bed-time...

Cnutz, the lot of 'em

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

gazza285

posted on 3/11/06 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
Just get James to do it. He's good at kicking people.

You talkin' 'bout ol' broke ribs Jim?

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

owelly

posted on 3/11/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
A few minutes after my beloved trailer (Mk1) was burgled, I phoned the plod. There are only three roads out of town so I assumed it wouldbe easy enough for the BiB to catch the burglerisers. The seven year old copper turned up the next morning. He asked the usual inane questions which meant nothing to anyone, and especially nothing that would help catch a feef.
He did get excited when I mentioned that it had my reg plates attached when it was stolen because his 'colleagues will have pulled any vehicle with miss-matched plates so it was just a case of him asking around and simply finding our who had been pulled that night!!!' Simple.
I mentioned that in the many thousands of miles I have towed trailers, most of them have been without reg plates or the wrong ones and I've neverbeen stopped by the BiB. He then offered to issue me with a ticket for admitting to a breach of the oad Traffic Act. Tit.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

chockymonster

posted on 3/11/06 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
And don't forget the cnut that hit the car, wasn't insured etc., that's gotta come out of our pocket too

Nope, that's what the central fund insurance companies setup to cover those affected by uninsured drivers

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

shortie

posted on 3/11/06 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Roadkill,

That insurance refusal to pay seems interesting, what specific reason did they give, I will check it out, you didn't intentially leave the window open I assume.

Rich.

Agriv8

posted on 4/11/06 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Justice,

and they wonder why people take maters into there own hands.

Regards agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

craig1410

posted on 4/11/06 at 12:53 AM Reply With Quote
I had a break-in in the middle of the night a few years back and fortunately I heard the intruder enter the property because my door chimed. I stumbled down stairs thinking (for some weird, sleepy reason) that my wife or one of the kids must be sleep-walking or something. When I got to the living room I saw the torch-light under the door leading to the kitchen and realised it was a burglar!

Picture me standing there in my underpants (maybe best not), half asleep and with my heart going ten to the dozen with my wife and three kids fast asleep upstairs and not a weapon in sight! That is not a nice feeling! In the end I crashed through the kitchen door with an ornamental table as a weapon just in time to see the back door close. Probably for the best because one of us would have been hurt for sure!

I now have a 4 x D-cell Mag-lite aluminium torch beside my bed just in case we have a power cut or some other emergency...
I've heard noises in the night a couple of times since and have frightened the life out of my cats on both occasions by charging into the kitchen with my Mag-lite at the ready!

It's a f***ed up world we live in when burglars get off with a warning and we get locked up for defending our family and fined for going slightly over an arbitrary speed limit.

Craig.

Davg

posted on 4/11/06 at 01:19 AM Reply With Quote
Roadkill, next time just gift the twatt the fridge from a great height oh dear he couldn't catch it .

Craig, you gotta be wrong there mate! just wear a veil or claim you are a F** incomer and it is o.k. we will just giveyou a slap on the wrist! What is going on ???

JoelP

posted on 4/11/06 at 01:37 AM Reply With Quote
a fire extinguisher is a useful device to have beside the bed, ideal to disorientate any intruder just before he gets clattered by it!
Macbeast

posted on 4/11/06 at 02:38 AM Reply With Quote
Go after the insurance company and don't give up until they pay up. Companies nowadays, especially the direct line cheap ones, will use every excuse to avoid paying out.
graememk

posted on 4/11/06 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
would you like to borrow my dog ?

graememk

posted on 4/11/06 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
would it be wrong to make a still photo from the fridge cam and name and shame to dude

wilkingj

posted on 4/11/06 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
would it be wrong to make a still photo from the fridge cam and name and shame to dude

A shopkeeper put up a photo of a thief in his window, asking if anyone recognised him, and was told to remove it by the police as it infringed the miscreants Human Rights.

Crime DOES pay... being honest DOESNT.

Its not right.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

spunky

posted on 4/11/06 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
All of you stop your moaning, have faith...

When he's burgled a few more houses and been caught a few more times. He'll be issued with an ASBO....

That'll teach him!

John

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

Guinness

posted on 4/11/06 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Arseholes, the lot of them. I hate the system in this country. Most of the hard working decent people in this country are law abiding, but because they are honest they are easy to catch and fine (speed cameras). The twats who drive around with no tax, no mot, no insurance, no licence seem to always get away with it.

We got burgled a few years back, cops came round, said they knew who did it, but because they didn't have any evidence couldn't do anything about it. I suggested they tell me who they thought had done it so me and the boys could pay him a visit, and they warned me off!

Cops don't seem to want to catch anyone, CPS doesn't want to prosecute and prisons seem to be a joke.

Mike

JackNco

posted on 4/11/06 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
i have an ornamental sword by my bed, bet i wouldn't have the guts to use it if it came to it though.... and even if i did have the guts ide end up in the poo for protecting my self !

John

Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun.

RoadkillUK

posted on 4/11/06 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the replies lads, I should get a letter from the insurance company to confirm that they are tw*ts on Monday.

I have the right to 'appeal' I suppose, so if anyone is good with these kind of things, I would be grateful of any (helpful) advice, Thanks.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

JackNco

posted on 4/11/06 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
good luck with the insurance. hope it works out

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.