Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Don't tastes vary????
Alan B

posted on 3/6/03 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
Don't tastes vary????

Guys remember the 5exi thread where we generally didn't like the side/rear of this car, but front was OK IIRC.......

Check out these opinions......

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=42145&f=30&h=0

I was amazed..............

Comments?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Winston

posted on 3/6/03 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Opinions are like..... erm, better not finish that. This is a family show, after all.

Anyway, I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, some things are inherently ugly and some things are inherently beautiful to the vast majority. (You'll always have some kooks that say that the lines on an AC Cobra (Ace) are crap. Never mind them.) It's the stylings that fall between the two extremes that are generally points of contention.

Without further ado, my opinon:

I like the front of that car as well. Seems everyone does. It must fall into the "inherently beautiful" category. I don't mind the lines of the sides and rear quarters, even so far as to the rear deck. However, the rear deck is interesting but seems awfully cluttered with edges, protrusions, and curves. I don't like it. Most have found that they don't like some or all of the sides or rear of the car. These stylings must fall too far away from the "inherently beautiful" and closer to (or smack dab on) "inherently ugly."

I won't go into how "inherently beautiful" or "inherently ugly" is engrained into the minds of the masses, but I'm sure my wife would love to go into detail on the subject.

-Winston

Alan B

posted on 3/6/03 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
All good points.

It was interesting though how one forum says generally "thumbs up" and the other "thumbs down"..........that is hard to explain.....or is it?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 3/6/03 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
blimey, that looks like a right hash up of tuscan, elise, porsche gt1, gt90 and peugeot 206 headlamps.

poo poo poo.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

Alan B

posted on 3/6/03 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
So that's a "thumbs down" Ned?....
MattWatson

posted on 3/6/03 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
I hate to say this, but I kind of like that strathcarrion style of rear end... Just my opinion.

They kind of seem full of themselves in calling in a 5exi though....

Matt Watson
--------------------------------
VW 1.6L SOHC Turbo Mid engined car

http://members.shaw.ca/wavindustries/

Alan B

posted on 4/6/03 at 12:32 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Matt, that's what this thread is about...differeing opinions.....

Sports cars seem to bring out opinions more.....ordinary street cars seem to go for bland, no intention to offend or excite either.....

They will try and pass off the latest Mazda, Buick, Ford, Toyota etc. as irresistable from styling alone.....yeah right.

Sports cars have to be different...and always causes controversy..IMO of course..

Spyderman

posted on 4/6/03 at 12:46 AM Reply With Quote
Overall I liked the 5EXI !

Like Winston I think the rear deck is over fussy, but given time I may come to think of it as beautiful.

It certainly gives a lot of scope for artistic licence with the use of grills or vents or whatever.

Eh Alan how do you find time to work, do your car and visit all these websites?

Terry

[Edited on 4/6/03 by Spyderman]

Spyderman

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.