Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sky TV ?
Confused but excited.

posted on 19/11/06 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Sky TV ?

Can anyone tell me why, when Sky (along with everyone else) are trying to get us all to go HD, they are putting on more and more crap programmes from the 60's with sh*t quality 405 line out of focus pictures.
I really object to paying for crap that was free donkey's years ago.

Rant over.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

jacko

posted on 19/11/06 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 19/11/06 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
its so you have go to digital to watch anything decent,my telly goes out the window when that happens analog stops

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

StevieB

posted on 20/11/06 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
I've got sky (not HD) and there only seesm to be a few channels that are HD only at the moment.

I don't know if it makes your normal channels any better (I don't see how it could, but I'm no expert), and the picture is good enough for me anyway.

Peteff

posted on 20/11/06 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Get a freeview box

£30 from a lot of places now. You can get a little thing that plugs straight into your scart so you don't have a box under the telly.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

spunky

posted on 20/11/06 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
its so you have go to digital to watch anything decent,my telly goes out the window when that happens analog stops

My Telly goes once my current license expires, just don't watch the damn thing, From what I can gather the only programs are Soaps, talent shows or some reality tv bollox.

Then prepare for the fight when I tell them I no longer require a TV lisense....

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

iank

posted on 20/11/06 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Why not get rid now and claim a refund on the unused license. It really irritates the licenseing authority but I believe it can be done.
Peteff

posted on 20/11/06 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Then prepare for the fight when I tell them I no longer require a TV lisense

At our old address we used to get reminders telling us that we did not have a current licence for No15 ****** street. I finally gave up telling them it was because we lived at No19 after a couple of years and they never tried to take any further action. If you do get rid make sure you dispose of the tv, vcr or whatever else you have capable of receiving a signal and take down the aerial or you are still liable for the licence fee in the eyes of a court.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

spunky

posted on 20/11/06 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
Why not get rid now and claim a refund on the unused license. It really irritates the licenseing authority but I believe it can be done.

Cool... didn't know you could get a refund.

I'm assuming I'll have to pull the TV card from the PC. But why the hell should I take down the aerial....? I can't watch TV on an aerial.

Gonna be fun I think.

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.