Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GSXR1000
Rank Amateur

posted on 14/5/02 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR1000

Oh my God! What have I done.. Has anyone fitted a Suzuki GSXR1000 to a locost. The car is a rolling shell from the now deceased Locost Ltd and unfortunately I have to finnish it myself. I would be grateful for any advice, Im in Central Scotland, you cant miss me ive got this massive airbox.
stephen_gusterson

posted on 14/5/02 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
well, I can see two problems for a start.

1. your car wont work very well with the engine outside of it.

2. You need a really really really really stupifyingly massive airbox to be noticed.

I suggest you either :

1. Make all your journeys downhill. The weight saving of a no engined car will considerably reduce roling resistance when you have to push it up the other side.

The really really really really big air box, with careful design, could also be used to dispense with the unneccesary weight of the brakes, by using air as a dynmically passive auto arresting pshycohfractulating, action liposome, wrinkle lifting diffuser of the momentum you may have had by coasting down the hill.

On the positive side, if you can point your question more specifically, then we might be able to help you. At the moment, im wondering if you are just on here for the wind-up.

Welcome, and enjoy. Whatever your flavour or size of your air box.

ATB

Steve

not sure if the action liposomes are essential - can anyone confirm?

Liam

posted on 14/5/02 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hello...

The guy who recently bought my mate's ZX9R engined Locost also lives in Scotland - Edinburgh I think. Goes by the name of Steve Webster. I could pass on his email addy if you want to contact him - then you'd get to see exactly how everything goes in. Can't be many bike engined Locosts in Scotland.

Good luck

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rank Amateur

posted on 15/5/02 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, once I know what im up against Ill have some detailed questions no doubt, it would be a great help to see your mates old car if poss Liam so if you could e-mail me the buyers contact details.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.