Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cure to the Common Cold
mistergrumpy

posted on 2/1/07 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Cure to the Common Cold

I think I have it but have been keeping smug and secret, but here it is. Last year everyone had a cold and kindly passed it to me so I did a bit of reading on it and in my cycling mag found the the quickest way to clear it was to eat garlic and lots of spicy food and basically do anything to make your nose run a lot.And it went on with the reasoning and what not. And incidentally if you have a sore throat hot water with honey and a slice of lemon soothes it instantly. So this year I note everybodies had the lurgi again so what I've been doing,simply, is blowing and making sure my nose isn't running for more than a few seconds. As soon as it starts, I get it wiped. Fair do's I've been a bit obsessive with it and have gone through loads of tissue, but its worked a treat. I can enter an infected room and sit there smugly, its great. Watch me fall foul of it now cos I told everyone!

James

posted on 2/1/07 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
You sure you posted this in the correct forum???

Something like BigGirlsBlouseBuilders.co.uk might be more appropriate!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

force10

posted on 2/1/07 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
BigGirlsBlouseBuilders.co.uk are great, they really did help me sort out my grazed knee.
mistergrumpy

posted on 2/1/07 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote

James

posted on 2/1/07 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
On a more serious note.... I've read (no idea where now!) that blowing your nose tends to make you feel worse.... it fills the nasal sinuses with germ filled bacteria and therefore you feel much worse... without actually helping your white blood cells fight the infection.

Oh, and you get a sore nose too!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

mistergrumpy

posted on 2/1/07 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'd have thought that blowing would empty the sinuses of all the bad stuff. Feel like a right girl talking about this now, cheers James!

martyn_16v

posted on 2/1/07 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
I read somewhere recently (again, no idea where) that children who pick their nose and eat it turn out healthier than those who don't. I can't see a great rush of people taking up this habit in an aid to beat the flu though...
mistergrumpy

posted on 2/1/07 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Building up a resistance? What about picking someone elses nose so you get a broad range of resistance?

theconrodkid

posted on 2/1/07 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
ill agree,a nice hot curry or curry powder in tea cures most things

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

wilkingj

posted on 2/1/07 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Honey and fresh Lemon juice mixed is a brill soother for the throat, and much cheaper / nicer than stuff from the chemists.

Honey and Vinegar is the Locost version. just as good but not so lemonny.. Still works well, and does not taste too bad.

Been using it since I was a kid.

Cant beat a good Curry for upset tummies. The spices and herbs work well on bacteria and dodgy guts... Kill or cure!,... either way it can clear the stomach and passages fairly quickly

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 2/1/07 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
i always blow my nose when it runs. I also always et bogies as a kid Seems proper sick now!

Anyway, the long and the short of it is im bullet proof now, havent been properly ill in years, cant remember my last day off ill and havent seen a doctor in about 12 years, except for holiday injections.

Anyone want some bogie?!

macnab

posted on 2/1/07 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
with a very runny nose you'd be better off with a hose pipe to your mouth, he he

martyn_16v

posted on 2/1/07 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
Anyway, the long and the short of it is im bullet proof now, havent been properly ill in years, cant remember my last day off ill and havent seen a doctor in about 12 years, except for holiday injections.

I have to admit I did do the bogey-eating as a kiddy as well. I'm the same, between the bogeys and having to eat my own cooking at uni (what doesn't kill you makes you stronger) i'm am now totally invincible I don't have any allergies either, i'm pretty sure being allowed to play in muck as a kid (and eat the odd insect/grass/mud etc) has been good for me in the long term, kids these days don't seem to have any kind of immune system to speak of, as they are 'protected' from everything....

DIY Si

posted on 2/1/07 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
I seem to remember blowing your nose forces the muck into the deeper/hidden bits of the sinae (?) and make thigns worse as the bacteria have space to breed without the white blood cells around to kill them all. This comes from a bloke who always blows his nose and in the winter has one, just one damn it running nostril. Which is really irritating. Although I do spend all my time going form warm to cold places (van to peoples homes with tea).

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Zero 7

posted on 2/1/07 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Tis a shame that children are wrapped in Cotton wool nowadays ... Was walking through my old Park in Skegness , when over there at Xmas and see the council has taken away all the swings slides rocking horse them spinning wheel things, there is nothing there now, such a shame as i can remember how much fun i had on them when i was a child.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.