Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 Power Outputs
fishywick

posted on 3/1/07 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
R1 Power Outputs

Who can tell me what bhp the different R1 engines are please. Are all the injection units the same 175 bhp ish?
smart51

posted on 3/1/07 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
98 - 02 engines all make about 150 BHP or so and rev to 11750 RPM. 04 - 06 engines make175 ish because they rev to 13750 RPM.

02/03 FI engines are said to make 1 or 2 BHP more than the carbed ones and 00/01 engines are supposed to be slightly better than 98/99. I think there isn't much in it.

zxrlocost

posted on 3/1/07 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
hi having owned one and been in both
the injection engine which is up to 20-30bhp more than a 99 carb engine does not deliver its power so aggresively I dont like this

IN theory only on track due to its better top end power would you unleash the very late r1 engines ie 2004 and later

I prefer the carbs power delivery 150hp

fuel injection 2001-2003 160hp

then about 170bhp

and now 180hp

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

fishywick

posted on 3/1/07 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps, interesting what you say about power delivery. I was thinking it would be the other way round ie. the FI engine would be smoother and more useable. The potential extra power of a 2004 + engine should surely make for a faster car. Has the gearing been altered at all?
smart51

posted on 3/1/07 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
the 2002 FI engine is supposed to be smoother than the carbed engines. The 2004 FI engine is quite a different beast. It is tuned to produce power and torque further up the rev range - it revs to 14000 rather than 12000. 1st gear is taller than on earlier engines too. The lower torque at the bottom end and the taller gear makes the car slower off the line although the taller gear and higher revs mean you can hold on to 1st gear quite a bit longer - 65 MPH with a 3.62 and 195/50/15 versus 52 MPH with a 98 engine. At the same time, all the other gears are shorter, making the car more revvy at speed. 70 MPH is 7400 on with a 2004 engine or 6800 with a 98.
zxrlocost

posted on 3/1/07 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
hi mate thats what I meant sorry

there all driveable but I prefer the RAW power delivery my 99 r1 carb engine had

I dont prefer the smooth power deliver FI gives you

youd have to have a 2005 or 2006 engine to even get the 20 brake difference

Im now using the ZX9r engine at half the price and with the car weighing 60kg lighter there should be no major difference between my ST and MK r1

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.