Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help tuning CVK bike carbs on 1600
bricheun

posted on 31/1/07 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Help tuning CVK bike carbs on 1600

Hi all, just installed the CVK carbs (Kawasaki ZX6-R) carbs onto the 1600 engine. It started after a few turns of the starter and idled very rough..well below 500rpm. I tuned it up to 1000rpm and adjusted the idle mixture screw to try and fine tune it. However, I required to turn around 6 turns out before it increased in RPM and it just won;t hold this nice idle for very long. After reving up and returning to idle (hanging high for 7-10seconds) it would idle very rough again, thus requiring more tuning of the idle mixture screw.

I don;t know off of my head what the slow jet is but I think it is 35. Main jet is 165 (Bogg Bros mentioned this) with blocked main air jet.

Can anyone point me into the right direction as to slow jetting is concerned..richer or leaner ?

I reved it to 7500rpm and from the mouth of the carbs I can see alot of petrol mist spray on over run...wow! Is this normal?

Thanks.

[Edited on 31/1/07 by bricheun] Rescued attachment 006.jpg
Rescued attachment 006.jpg

bricheun

posted on 31/1/07 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
Oh, in fact I am not running any air filters on it at the moment. I have just installed it. Though the consequences of the "open" state now and "free flow" air filters such as the pipercross PX600 should be almost the same..no?

Called Mr Boggs up and he said it could be a air leak..does not normally requiire a larger pilot jet especially in a 1600..

I really don;t know...about the standoff..it could be due to the aggressive camshaft..

Are the carbs buggered?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.