Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Who's gonna try and do this
procomp

posted on 16/2/07 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Who's gonna try and do this

Hi so who's going to try this in a locost then .

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 16/2/07 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
From inside the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm2rWx0zcvM&NR

Wish I had the money to waste on new suspension

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

DarrenW

posted on 16/2/07 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
How good was that? Quite amazing. Did he overshoot the landing ramp a bit or was that just a trick of the camera angles, i bet the car took a pounding on the landing.

procomp

posted on 16/2/07 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there is also a post on the WSCC That sugests that marko martin has achived a longer jump whilst in competition but would not cout as a record.

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 16/2/07 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Yes he overjumped the ramp by 20ft from the target.
Something big flew off the front left of the car when it hit.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

macnab

posted on 16/2/07 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
notice how impressed his wife/girl friend was now probably filing for devorce...

To be honest I totally think its a fake as that car remained too stable in the air for that huge distance, plus anyone who has pushed down on a rally cars suspension will know how rock hard they are and not the kind off thing to do massive jumps with, a clever fraud.

iank

posted on 16/2/07 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
If it was one camera angle maybe, but 10+ cameras on the discovery channel? I think it was real.

Rally cars jump all the time, and those ramps are shaped (if you hit them right) to minimise the hit to almost nothing.

--
Anonymous

Howlor

posted on 16/2/07 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
I recal reading a book on some of the GrpB cars and some of the top drivers were even able to set the angle of the car in the air by either revving the engine or braking slightly!

How clever is that!

macnab

posted on 16/2/07 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
well if its gen you can see the car changing pitch whilst in the air, maybe I’m just a sceptic

regardless just look at the expression on his girlfriends face when he launches and then after, she maybe clapping afterwards but boy she's soooo pissed off!

priceless

[Edited on 16/2/07 by macnab]

NS Dev

posted on 16/2/07 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Howlor
I recal reading a book on some of the GrpB cars and some of the top drivers were even able to set the angle of the car in the air by either revving the engine or braking slightly!

How clever is that!

yea but they didn't want to!!!!!

It was the 205 t16, because nearly all the transmission was transverse, it had a large gyro effect on the light and short car, thus raising and lowering the nose according to changes in engine revs while airborne.................

this resulted in some spectacular crashes!!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

chockymonster

posted on 16/2/07 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
Yes he overjumped the ramp by 20ft from the target.
Something big flew off the front left of the car when it hit.

Foglight covers
Windscreen was nicely cracked too!

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

MikeR

posted on 16/2/07 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
quote:
Originally posted by Howlor

How clever is that!

yea but they didn't want to!!!!!

It was the 205 t16, because nearly all the transmission was transverse, it had a large gyro effect on the light and short car, thus raising and lowering the nose according to changes in engine revs while airborne.................

this resulted in some spectacular crashes!!!

It affects current rally cars as well (but not as much). Some cars are known to jump "nose down" ie the rotational effect pulls the nose down when in mid air. I've seen it commented on a few times when watching the TV coverage.

iank

posted on 16/2/07 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Does this not mean an inline engined car would try to barrel roll?

I'd always assumed the ones that didn't fly square had taken off like that, but maybe not.

--
Anonymous

Gav

posted on 16/2/07 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
When i used to ride motorcross bikes on big jumps used to fettle the bikes attitude mid air by reving or braking the wheels.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.