Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: What a PITA - duff Halfords spray can
nick205

posted on 23/2/07 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
What a PITA - duff Halfords spray can

Popped to Halfords last night for a can of satin black spray paint to finish my rocker cover off after modifying the oil filler position. Simple blow over with paint, refit ready for a pre SVA shakedown this afternoon.

I must have a duff can as it just sprays out clear with a few specs of black in it. I tried heating the can a bit, shaking it like a mad man and nothing

Now I'm going to have to refit a primered rocker cover for the shakedown and probably SVA, then come back anf sort it afterwards

Why is it the simplest jobs are the ones that always go wrong?

macnab

posted on 23/2/07 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
black crinkle paint looks nice

mad4x4

posted on 23/2/07 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
OOOO Polka Dots - Very Tendy

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

DarrenW

posted on 23/2/07 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
I had an issue with Halfords paint when painting some wheels. Used the steel colur paint. On the last can i had to do one last blow over of the wheels before lacquer. The last tim was a different colour. I took all o fthe tins back down along with 2 wheels, explained the problem to manager and got a full new set of cans FOC along with some fresh lacquer to finish them off. Ok i had to do another coat of paint but they were more than fair in giving me extra paint for the job.

Ive had paint tin problems before with other suppliers as well. Its one of those things i guess. Not nice but can happen.

Peteff

posted on 23/2/07 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
I went to Halfords for a p!ss can for my bike wheel and came away without one, £7 was a bit too rich for me. I got one from GeeJays shop in Alfreton for £1.80 and they had satin and matt black and clear lacquer as well.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.