Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cycle wings all round?
CraigJ

posted on 24/2/07 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Cycle wings all round?

has any one done this? rather than having the big rear arch's?

nitram38

posted on 24/2/07 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Look at my archive, although mine is not a 7
macnab

posted on 24/2/07 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
I had thought on thurday of doing this on my indy! Don't know if it will look good, one of the guys on here has a cartoon avitar of a black 7 with them on and thats what got me thinking.

Jebus

posted on 24/2/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
i have seem a few in mags that are 7ish but never seen one on a normal style 7, its what i plan for my build when i start it.
nitram38

posted on 24/2/07 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
You can make your own mind up if it will suit your car:

Description
Description

[img][/img]

macnab

posted on 24/2/07 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
I’ve had a look at my car, you may recall I have 295's at the back (which is what the car above also needs...) and have had to widen the standard rear wings to suit. That has pushed their weight up to whopping 3kg each! Weigh your own ones and you'll see how much that really is so cycle wings at the back make a lot off sense. I have popped a cycle wing on top of the tyre and it looks not too bad, different but not totally hideous there's the area around the top of the coilover that needs a bit of restyling but I like the fact that more of the tyre is exposed, so I think this is the route I'm going to go. Pictures will soon follow so you can make fun of my bad taste

[Edited on 24/2/07 by macnab]

jlparsons

posted on 24/2/07 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
The toniq is a 7-a-like kit car with cycle winds all round, they're still attached to the body at the back though rather than the upright. Have a google search for it. Looks a bit batman to me.

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

macnab

posted on 25/2/07 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
here's a pic off that car, not a bad style, Batman would certainly be proud, I wonder if it lights up at night

the torches totally spoil the car but I do like the way the wings curve in over the tyre though I'd only do that post SVA

on 25/2/07 by macnab]

[Edited on 25/2/07 by macnab] Rescued attachment toniq.jpg
Rescued attachment toniq.jpg

iank

posted on 25/2/07 at 01:54 AM Reply With Quote
It would be a Lotus 37 replica then

http://georgecushing.net/7Specials.html

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

darrens

posted on 25/2/07 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
how on earth did they get away with the brake line do this!

RazMan

posted on 25/2/07 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
I love the look of the Toniq except for the lights which look tacky imho.
The rear arches in the pic look very close to the tyres (which is obviously better for protection) but aren't they mounted from the upright rather than the bodywork? Either that ot the suspension has only got an inch of movement

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 25/2/07 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
The good thing about rear cycle wings is they can be mounted on the wishbone instead of the upright as the rears don't turn !
macnab

posted on 25/2/07 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
It would be a Lotus 37 replica then

http://georgecushing.net/7Specials.html

that's interesting I had never see one of those before. quite like it

gottabedone

posted on 27/2/07 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
With some decent work around the rear suspension this could look very nice and clean. It may make the back of the car loot smaller - a lot of biolders have commented on the width/size of rear arches.

The purists would hate it though!

Give it a try

regards

Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.