Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Skip find! Absolutely ridiculous.
pauldm

posted on 25/2/07 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Skip find! Absolutely ridiculous.

On taking my old oven to the local civic amenity skips I found this. All drawers are half full of screwdrivers,pliers, socket drivers, allen keys etc etc. The council worker overseeing things was happy for me to take it away Its ridiculous the things people throw out.

nick205

posted on 25/2/07 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Good find

I've had some usefl bits of metal and wood from the tip, but nothing that good.

Jon Ison

posted on 25/2/07 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Nice, I'm surprised it wasn't in the back of one of the site workers cars.
macnab

posted on 25/2/07 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
very strange people

suparuss

posted on 25/2/07 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
couldve been a jealous wife sick of her bloke spending all his time in the garage!
Jon Ison

posted on 25/2/07 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Thinking about it, you sure someone didnt take it out there boot too get rid of some rubbish n you picked it up and did a runner..................

Just an image that appeared in my iccle head..........

martin1973

posted on 25/2/07 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
some of us are lucky enough to work for the contractors who run the civil amenity site

we get some goodies.

martin

Hellfire

posted on 25/2/07 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
It may be stolen and dumped... wait for a call from you know who?

Good find...

Steve

MkIndy7

posted on 25/2/07 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a nice expencive pipe cutter in there... maybe even a Rothenburger!

Thats quite a find!

pauldm

posted on 25/2/07 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Yep. My lucky day. To tell you the truth I always make sure I've got some metallic scrap so I can take a look in that skip.
Last year I got a brand new 15 speed mountain bike; got it home & all the gears were jammed solid. Then I noticed that the protective transit bars hadn't been removed. It had never been properly unpacked!

caber

posted on 25/2/07 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Our local tip people won't let you take anything off site so if you see something good you have to wait until they are at the other end of the yard or otherwise not paying attention!

Caber

hobbsy

posted on 25/2/07 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
Yep the people at my skip are also a bunch of ass holes. My dad tried to have something off someone else before they skipped it but a bloke stepped in saying some b0ll0x like once you are on the site everything in the back of your car belongs to them - WTF!!! How do they know what you are going to skip or not?!?!!

Nobbers.

Russ-Turner

posted on 26/2/07 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Nice one mate. The Snap On equivalent of that tool box would be in the hundreds of pounds! Nice 32mm socket too by the look of it you jammy git.

quote:
Originally posted by hobbsy
Yep the people at my skip are also a bunch of ass holes. My dad tried to have something off someone else before they skipped it but a bloke stepped in saying some b0ll0x like once you are on the site everything in the back of your car belongs to them - WTF!!! How do they know what you are going to skip or not?!?!!

Nobbers.

I love a good argument with a halfwit jobsworth, and this sounds like my cuppa tea!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 26/2/07 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
I went with some rubble in 4 sacks, not full as I have a problem with my shoulder lifting high enough to get them over the side. The notice on the skip said two bags per vehicle per trip and the attendant was adamant I could only tip two in so I drove out and came back in again. The supervision has changed now and they are a lot more relaxed and will even point you in the direction of a good find and they sell some stuff off "dirt cheap" as well.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

DarrenW

posted on 26/2/07 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
I was after some plastic stacking boxes for kids toys recently. Approx £10 each in diy store. Went to tip and found 4 in great condition. i shouted one of the tip blokes over to get them out of the skip for me and bunged him £1 each. Everyone was happy.

britishtrident

posted on 26/2/07 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought but it might be somebody had to quickly dump something that was err too bit too hot to handle.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.