Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: +4 inch wide nose cones and scuttles
dozracing

posted on 10/7/03 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
+4 inch wide nose cones and scuttles

Hi all,

I've been asked by a few people about doing a +4 wide scuttle and nose cone package to suit the McSorley chassis design.

If there is enough interest say 6 or more people then it can be made to be cost effective and worth doing. So if you are interested then let me know and i'll arrange something.

Kind regards,

Darren
www.gtstuning.co.uk
darren@gtstuning.co.uk

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 10/7/03 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Darren,

'scuse my ignorance about the McS plans - do the top rails follow the same angle and RC's chassis.

My chassis is same as book, but (obviously) 4" wider.

Any ideas on costings yet, cos I may be interested if 1st point ok and 2nd point reasonable (cost)

Thanks

Simon

dozracing

posted on 10/7/03 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
If there is enough interest we will do whatever is required, the first thing we will do is make one 4inches wider keeping the same angle on the tubes.

The cost will depend on the interest but i'm hopeful that we will get enough interest to keep the cost somewhere similar to the std parts. Check my website for the std parts price list and see how this compares if your interested. www.gtstuning.co.uk

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 14/7/03 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dozracing
<snip>
So if you are interested then let me know and i'll arrange something.

Kind regards,

Darren
www.gtstuning.co.uk
darren@gtstuning.co.uk

Hi Darren,

I'm interested!

Cheers,

James

jbmcsorley

posted on 29/7/03 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
+4 chassis plans

Hi Simon,

There are three plans on my website... the book, +4, and +442.

The +4 design is identical to the book in everyway except that the entire center of the chassis has an additional 4" added on.

The +442 design is revised however, so even though the rear end is wider, the front fits a standard nosecone. You can hardly notice the difference between the new upper rail angle and the standard nosecone... it's only about 2° difference.

So in short... the upper rails of the +4 design agree with the book.

Cheers,
Jim M.

craig1410

posted on 4/8/03 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Darren, I missed this post but was one of those who asked you about +4" GRP bits.

...so I'm most certainly interested if the costs are around the same as with standard width bits, give or take.

Cheers,
Craig.

blueshift

posted on 4/8/03 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
I too am interested in a +4 nosecone.

ta

andyjack

posted on 6/8/03 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
I may be interested in the future dependant upon what donor car I can find. To be honest I fancied building a +4 chassis but was put off because of the lack of +4 GRP. If you do make it available I may have to re-think my plans. Just going off on a slight tangent would a standard sierra axle fit a +4 chassis without having to shorten the half shafts?
I know that may appear to be a small consideration given that the whole rear of the chassis will need re-designing. But I want to keep costs down by doing as much of the work my self and shortening half shafts at home isnt an option.

blueshift

posted on 6/8/03 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
andyjack, the sierra back bits will fit in a +4 chassis. Have a look at craig1401's pictures, he's doing what we plan to do, sierra bits on a de-dion bar in a +4.
Simon

posted on 6/8/03 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Andy,

My chassis is +4" and using Sierra diff and driveshafts, but homemade wishbones/uprights (based on Tiger Avon dimensions).

See http://forum.locostbuilders.co.uk/xmb/photos/cgi-bin/showpic.pl?10000027.jpg
for a pic

Craig1410 is using Sierra IRS in a de Dion setup - www.craig.chamberlain.name for pics.

If you want more details either use search, email me or U2U, or pop a post in the chassis section.

HTH

Darren,

'Pologies for h/jacking post

ATB

Simon

craig1410

posted on 19/5/04 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
Any of you guys who were interested in +4" bodywork, Darren at GTS is looking for guinea pigs again. Check out this thread for details:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=13692

He needs 6 orders to kick off the production run. I've already ordered a standard width 7-piece kit from him but I've asked if the order can be converted to a wider kit. Assuming it can then only 5 more people are required...
Cheers,
Craig.

dave1888

posted on 19/5/04 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
I wish Tiger done a scuttle 1/2" narrower to fit my Tiger chassis

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.