Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx9r - how fast will it go???
westindy

posted on 10/7/03 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
zx9r - how fast will it go???

Anybody know how fast a ZX9R indy will actually go - I'm running 3.62 diff with 13" 70 series a021r's . The calculated speed is about 125mph??
Jasper

posted on 10/7/03 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds about right - it will get there bloody fast as well!
theconrodkid

posted on 10/7/03 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
ill second that

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

locodude

posted on 14/7/03 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
I rekon you're being a bit optimistic with the top speed. Probably more like 110mph. The primary reduction on a ZX9 is worse than a blade for instance. Will get there a little quicker tho'. Put a 3.33 diff from a scorpio diesel in and you might get 125mph. Over 110mph in these things ain't too comfy either. There speaks the voice of experience.
Mines on it's way soon tho', BEC's are just not for me, not for the sort of driving I want from a Kit Car anyroad!

ChrisGamlin

posted on 14/7/03 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
With the details above, and assuming a 12k rpm red line, it will top out at 119.5mph according to the spreadsheet I have.

Chris, how come ur getting rid so quickly after converting, is it totally different to what you expected?

[Edited on 14/7/03 by ChrisGamlin]

locodude

posted on 14/7/03 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris
Yeah, pretty much so. All that x-flow loving bravado was true I guess. I just like my driving a little more relaxed. I did Le Mans in it with the ZX9 in and it was nowhere near as pleasurable a drive as last year with the x-flow. Don't get me wrong for a track day or a quick blast there's nothing finer but that's not really why I built mine. It also changed the whole character of the car. It's now a proper weapon but I just know I'll lose my licence in it. when that little man with the horns and fork on your shoulder says 'go on, have it!' at 7-8000rpm you just can't say no. So she's off to Holland to scare the Dutch.
Cheers

Wadders

posted on 14/7/03 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Whats next Chris, are you planning another build? Lunchbox indy or GT1 perhaps?

Al.

i]Originally posted by locodude

So she's off to Holland to scare the Dutch.

locodude

posted on 14/7/03 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Might look for an abandoned project in the winter. Won't be a seven, I've done that and i don't really like the GT1, not for what i want anyhoo. Watch this space

David Jenkins

posted on 15/7/03 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locodude
<snip>
It's now a proper weapon but I just know I'll lose my licence in it. when that little man with the horns and fork on your shoulder says 'go on, have it!' at 7-8000rpm you just can't say no. So she's off to Holland to scare the Dutch.
Cheers

I know what you mean! Last year I had a brief trip in the Isonblade - immense fun, huge excitement, but I just KNOW that if it were my car I would (a) stuff it into a ditch, or (b) end up under some HGV, or (c) lose my license for a period of time.

This is all based on the fact that I don't have Jon's driving skills (and inherantly I'm a coward, as well).

David

locodude

posted on 15/7/03 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

This is all based on the fact that I don't have Jon's driving skills

Yeah! 85mph into a tyre wall backwards at Cadwell park in the GT1, very skillfull

Peteff

posted on 15/7/03 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Not just anyone can reverse at that speed and still hit a target. Respect.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jon Ison

posted on 15/7/03 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
cheers boyz, i had no prob hittin the tryes, just made my eyes go.....

ned

posted on 16/7/03 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
My driver managed to loose it through Coram (Snet) showing 120mph on the logging though fortunatly not too much damage, we got it back out for the race in the afternoon and finished second, 1.5 secs behind the leader!

forgot to say, he aimed for the tyre wall backwards too.

Ned

[Edited on 16/7/03 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 16/7/03 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
In Jon's defence (and Ned's driver) - a top race team manager once said "if the driver doesn't go off the track occasionally, he isn't trying hard enough to win" - or words to that effect.

DJ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.