Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: does the donor need to be registated to my name?
giel

posted on 14/7/03 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
does the donor need to be registated to my name?

I live in holland and plan to have my project (own design) SVA'd in the UK and then import it back to Holland, to avoid the strict rules here and save a lot of money.

I've been offered a german donor recently, but I've been told that the donor has to be registrated to my name for SVA. This would mean I have to import the car and get a dutch licence plate first...

Is this necessary or will the German 'Fahrzeugbrief' do for the British authorities?

Greetings Giel

Rick

posted on 15/7/03 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
If he is importing from Germany it doesn't mean it will have a reg from his country. Only if he then registers it in holland will that be the case.

As long as you have the German Fahrzeugbrief' , and the VIN plate and engine numbers match you will be OK. You will need however an English translation of the Fahrzeugbrief' .

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
prensel

posted on 21/7/03 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Fahrzeugbrief

Late model 'Fahrzeugbrief' dont show the engine number anymore. So you need to convince the SVA/DVLA that the engine is coming out of this 'car'.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
giel

posted on 29/7/03 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the help!

This week I bought a dutch registrated donor instead, so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

prensel

posted on 31/7/03 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
donor registration

the dutch 'kentekenbewijs' doesnt show the engine number either. you still need to prove the age of the engine and where its coming from. you're better of buying a scrapper with v5 in the uk (although some v5's do appear without scrapper sometimes...), saves a lot of trouble.
you will have a serious problem anyway with the current DVLA rules putting the current date on the v5 instead of the donors.. the dutch inspectors then believe its a brand new vehicle so you have to comply with euro3 emissions anyway.... which you will never do unless you use an engine from 2001 and on..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.