Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Calling all Sylva Star Owners past and present
raplma

posted on 21/3/07 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Calling all Sylva Star Owners past and present

If you own or have owned a Sylva Star or know anyone who has please get in contact.

sylvastarowners@hotmail.co.uk

As you know Sylva Autokits is 25 years old this year and as a tribute to the Star the car that got the ball rolling for Jeremy Phillips myself and other fellow enthusiasts are designing a website dedicated to the mark. If you would like to get involved please send an email to the above address and we will contact you when the site is running so that you can add your details of your car as you see fit. If you have any ideas as to what you would like to see on the site just let us know.

We are also looking for any Star/Leader owners who would like to join us on the London to Brighton kitcar run 10th June. Give us a shout if you are able to come.

Regards

Mark

stevebubs

posted on 21/3/07 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
Was going to x-post to Sylva just but just realised who you are...
mackei23b

posted on 22/3/07 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
There's one on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sylva-Star-Kit-Kar-1256-cc-Vauxhall-Viva-engine-Chassis_W0QQitemZ170093950427QQcategoryZ29750QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

raplma

posted on 22/3/07 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Ah John, I should have added, Star/Leader/LeadStar!

eBay noted

Cheers

iank

posted on 22/3/07 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
currently at £51 (3 bids) with 9days 7 hours to go.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

raplma

posted on 22/3/07 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
The cosworth never sold and is now in Classic Kitcars for £4000! I got a load of info on it, the engine and roof were good and that was about that. The mod to the chassis to fit the engine looked dubious, the wiring was shot, needed a complete new interior including gauges as not all worked. The bulge on the bonnet was so large and vulgar it would have to go and the paint job was a good example of orange peel. I recon it needed a good £3000 spent on it to bring it up to a decent example like the one Chris Taylor had a while back.

The Star on eBay may well go for silly money, listed correctly and good blurb, the only thing is that engine is the 54bhp one!!

Mark

Browser

posted on 22/3/07 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Zilspeed, am I right in thinking that you've got a Leader? I was going to ask what the difference was between the Leader and Star, but from what I can see of yours and that ad, the answer is 'more aerodynamic bodywork', yes?
Still think the Leaders' one of the better looking early eighties kits, just needs better head/taillights.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.